BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Old Fxrt - New Guy

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mffi115 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm an old guy finally throwing a leg over sport bikes. 1st ride was a Lambretta 125 when I was 14, followed by many mid-size Japanese cruisers, then 30 years on Harleys. When I saw a 07 K1200GT when they 1st came out, I wanted one.

Well, I got a good deal on a used 07 this past May and love it. I started riding with some sport riders around my age and realized that I really didn't know how to ride a bike, so I went for two days to California Supebike School where they use the S100RR. Was so impressed that I knew I would eventually get one.

Test rode one on the street and there is no way my arthritic old neck could handle the low clip-ons for street riding. I saw this one advertised with a hi-bar mod. Rode for around 30 minutes - loved it - Well, I bought it!

So now I have a 2007 K1200GT, a 2011 S1000RR, and a customized 2000 H-D Softail that will be for sale this spring. Looking forward to being on the forum. In fact, researching this forum is how I learned about hi-bar conversions and started me searching for a used S1000RR.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome. I did the Helibars mod to my bike about 1000 miles in. Made a huge difference. Glad you found out about this.

Mine has the Wunderlich Sportego bar conversion kit with the ABM handlebars. Glad the previous owner paid for the conversion!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.