Swapping K16 for HP4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > BMW S1000RR Main > New Member Introductions

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Swapping K16 for HP4

Hi,

Just saying a quick hello from peak district national park in the UK.
I've just moved over from the BMW K1600 forum next door.
I've been riding BMWs exclusively now for the last 10 years or so,before that it was mainly Honda XR dirt bikes. My current garage consists of a K16GT, a R12GS and a lovely black R12S.
I tend to ride solo at a reasonably swift pace over long distances, around 20,000 miles a year,so had the big tourers, with the highlight being the K16GT which is an amazing machine. Apart from my R1200S and a ZX6R I had back in 2001 I've not really been bothered about sports bikes , but this summer I developed a strange craving for one.
I had a S1000RR for the afternoon and really enjoyed it, I loved to more raw handling experience and feedback compared to the bike fast sports touring machines.
This will be BMW number 8, I tend to swap machines every couple of years, and have always managed to keep roughly the same lump of equity as I swap because of the BMW keeping their residuals well. I was going to get a S1000 in black which I think looks stunning, but my dealer warned me that the residuals may not be so good on the sportsbike when I came to swap. So I'm taking a gamble on a HP4, I love to look and the DDC etc but am hoping it may retain a good residual, who knows.
I live and ride in the UK,but I spend 2-3 days a week in the US with work where I try to hire a bike and ride whenever I can, either out of Vegas or San fran, so I have a working knowledge of the Alice's cafe menu !

I put my name down for a HP4 competition or a carbon as it's know here in the UK, back in October. I'm the first and only customer for the HP at my dealers, but still no sign of it, which is fine with me as the roads in the UK are covered in salt this time of year so it's no place to be riding an expensive new bike.
I've also got my name down for a the new watercooled GS coming in March, but I'll save that story for another forum !

All the best

Jon
mrjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjon View Post
Hi,

Just saying a quick hello from peak district national park in the UK.
I've just moved over from the BMW K1600 forum next door.
I've been riding BMWs exclusively now for the last 10 years or so,before that it was mainly Honda XR dirt bikes. My current garage consists of a K16GT, a R12GS and a lovely black R12S.
I tend to ride solo at a reasonably swift pace over long distances, around 20,000 miles a year,so had the big tourers, with the highlight being the K16GT which is an amazing machine. Apart from my R1200S and a ZX6R I had back in 2001 I've not really been bothered about sports bikes , but this summer I developed a strange craving for one.
I had a S1000RR for the afternoon and really enjoyed it, I loved to more raw handling experience and feedback compared to the bike fast sports touring machines.
This will be BMW number 8, I tend to swap machines every couple of years, and have always managed to keep roughly the same lump of equity as I swap because of the BMW keeping their residuals well. I was going to get a S1000 in black which I think looks stunning, but my dealer warned me that the residuals may not be so good on the sportsbike when I came to swap. So I'm taking a gamble on a HP4, I love to look and the DDC etc but am hoping it may retain a good residual, who knows.
I live and ride in the UK,but I spend 2-3 days a week in the US with work where I try to hire a bike and ride whenever I can, either out of Vegas or San fran, so I have a working knowledge of the Alice's cafe menu !

I put my name down for a HP4 competition or a carbon as it's know here in the UK, back in October. I'm the first and only customer for the HP at my dealers, but still no sign of it, which is fine with me as the roads in the UK are covered in salt this time of year so it's no place to be riding an expensive new bike.
I've also got my name down for a the new watercooled GS coming in March, but I'll save that story for another forum !

All the best

Jon
Cool story bro, I hope the hp4 is all we believe it is and hopefully we can post differences between yours as I will with mine
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank's Lucar
I've just been to the dealers today, my HP is in the BMW computer system but it's not expected to get to the dealers until May! so that's another 4 months of torment hanging around forums looking at pictures rather than riding it.
Apparently BMW UK are emailing dealers to get their cabon/competion orders in quickly if they have customers who want one as they are almost out of allocated bikes.
mrjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement