Had to see an Hp4. - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > BMW S1000RR Main > New Member Introductions

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Had to see an Hp4.

Stopped into my dealer today because I was in the area, and really wanted to see an Hp4. Walked in and someone greeted me right away, and i asked them if they got any in, he looked at me and said yes 2 of them. He also told me they were both sold just waiting to be picked up. I looked behid him and there she sat, a brand new comp model. You guys were right, pictures dont do justice. The whole bike just screams "LOOK AT ME IM SEXY". Ever since I got my 12 S1000RR, I havnt looked at another bike in envy.....Untill today that is...Anyways, Im pretty sure the one I was looking at was member BIGBOOST's new bike. She is very very pretty, and I envy you buddy. Maybe Ill see you out there on the twistys and I can drool some more.
Attached Thumbnails
Had to see an Hp4.-556750_4384831173515_1528605356_n.jpg   Had to see an Hp4.-559053_4384829453472_1762046321_n.jpg  
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofgum90 View Post
Stopped into my dealer today because I was in the area, and really wanted to see an Hp4. Walked in and someone greeted me right away, and i asked them if they got any in, he looked at me and said yes 2 of them. He also told me they were both sold just waiting to be picked up. I looked behid him and there she sat, a brand new comp model. You guys were right, pictures dont do justice. The whole bike just screams "LOOK AT ME IM SEXY". Ever since I got my 12 S1000RR, I havnt looked at another bike in envy.....Untill today that is...Anyways, Im pretty sure the one I was looking at was member BIGBOOST's new bike. She is very very pretty, and I envy you buddy. Maybe Ill see you out there on the twistys and I can drool some more.
If it had a "0370" on the triple tree, then it's his. Those wheels look great! I love the blue.
9mmkungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmkungfu View Post
If it had a "0370" on the triple tree, then it's his. Those wheels look great! I love the blue.
Yes sir, That was the one.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm not sold on the HP4. The launch control is killer. But the electronic suspension, ehhh. You can buy some awesome Ohlins suspension and carbon fiber fairings for the same price.

It would be great to have adjustable traction control on the fly, though. But for the additional cost. I think you can build an S1000rr that will be equally as nice, if not nicer.

I think electronic suspension still has a few years left before it's perfected. Soon, they'll be introducing a new and improved model, etc.

Nonetheless, I'm going to be keeping my eye on eBay for a wrecked HP4. It won't be long until they start showing up. I'm sure. I wonder if the ECU and other components can be swapped out with the S1000rr to gain "on the fly" adjustable DTC. Knowing BMW, I'm sure nothing would be plug and play. But, where there's a will, there's a way.

But, this entire post is just being written to make me feel better that I didn't spring for the HP4. Oh well. Like I said I think the suspension will just get better over time, and I'm still not convinced it better than a $2,500 Ohlins fork. Given that stock OEM forms are selling for about $1k, it's really only a $1,500.00 investment.

In fact rebuilding the stock forks is also another route. There's a lot of room for improvement. In terms of power to weight ratio- the two bikes are so incredibly close, when they're "wet" that there's no need to do much work on the powertrain- at least to get it to the HP4 level.

My $0.02. I feel better already.... ;-/
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

damn my dealership doesn't have any in yet. sexy ass bike, really diggin the blue scheme
Chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Shame...waiting for a downed bike. Bad mojo

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
2013 BMW HP4 #0162
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS
2005 HONDA CR125
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (for sale)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement