BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Mice got into my exhaust.

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Wolfgang 
#1 ·
A few days ago I started up my bike and reved it once, and a whole bunch of corn pieces came flying out. I let the bike warm up a little, and reved it multiple times untill nothing more came out. i then looked with a flash light and couldnt see anything else. The bike seems to be running fine. Does anyone think I need to worry about it and take apart my exhaust? P.S. I always plug my exhaust with a rag, i just forgot one night.

#5 ·
As an after thought, would love to see the reaction of the car following you when the flaming mouse himself comes blasting out of the exhaust on the highway. :p

#8 · (Edited)
Get some peppermint extract/oil and mix a table spoon or two into a squirt bottle (w/water). Spray in your exhaust, spray in your intake (they love building nests there too), spray your tires, around your bike, etc. For whatever reason rodents don't like that crap and will stay away (mice, rats, pack rats, squirls, etc.).

I wouldn't have believed it if it hadn't worked for me. I would trap at least 2-3 mice a year in my motorhome... last winter I sprayed all around the outside, inside, etc... not a one the whole season.

#12 ·
Yeah, be careful. I'd try to find some sort of cover that you can zip your entire bike up into. I've seen mice destroy wiring harnesses in vehicles, eat through airplane tires. They can be extremely destructive- I'm sure you're familiar with them, if you live in an area where they're common.

But, really, I've seen them do thousands of dollar worth of damage in a single night. Be careful. There's just so much that they can get into and they seemingly eat anything..

Sorry for the bad luck. Doubt it will hurt anything in regard to your bike, that is.

W

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.