BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Upgrades

5K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  Jorjito 
#1 ·
1st

First time owning a S1krr and I must say she's a beast of a bike.

#5 ·
Mods are a personal choice. Do whatever you think will make the bike more enjoyable for you. Having said that, I don't like mods that involve the electrical system (cell chargers, HID add ons, integrated tail lights, weird turn signals) because of the potential problems they may cause. But to each his own. Go for it!

#11 ·
Elk I think I have to agree with you for the most part. The more I sit and stare at the bike the more I realize there isn't to much that it NEEDS beside some crash protection. This is one well put together machine. I think the more I ride the more I slap myself for not owning one sooner. I'm glad to be apart of the family now. I thought I would never leave Yamaha but now I'm so glad I did.

#19 ·
I would go race rails if you dont mind the extra bar going across. Sliders are nice because theyre low pro but theyre a total hit or miss with protection, some do a good job and protect and some snap right off with little force. DO NOT DO A STUNT CAGE unless you plan on turning your bike into a full on stunt bike.

#20 ·
I also think that Elk has nailed it with his feedback on mods.
If I may add my 2cents, I´d suggest the mods I usually do in all my bikes,
- taller windshield,
- stomp grips,
- gearing -1 tooth (front sprocket)

(The last 2, making more sense if you also do trackdays)

If looking for additional protection, I would go for engine covers instead of frame sliders (I had the chance to verify at trackdays that they sometimes do more damage than good)

Being myself quite new to the S1000RR (just bought a 15´), I cannot judge brake fading on the track. Does the standard set (brake pump, brake pads) hold it´s own at the track or would somebody suggest any mods? (Eg: better pads, Brembo brake pump)

#21 ·
Rearsets should be #1 mod on your list. I got HP ones and like them a lot. More expensive than others but you get what you pay for.

Protection:

Woodcraft frame sliders.

Engine cover cases:
Left side: Woodcraft

Right side: GB racing. Simply because WF requires replacing OEM engine cover with their own on the right side, it's not a cover.

Rear spool & slider: Woodcraft.

Front axle sliders: BMW.

And get your suspension setup by a tuning place. best $40 you will spend.

#22 ·
The brakes will fade quite a bit once you are riding at an A group pace. Replacing the oem pads with more track oriented pads makes it much better. However a brembo master cylinder is almost needed once you get towards the high end of the advanced group. If you are in intermediate group or below nothing is needed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#28 ·
Its true...several members have had these design types crack and/or fall off. True, easier to install, but may not be worth the convenience. Caveat Emptor!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.