BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2015 s1000rr quirks / issues

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JackyBoy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am a new 2015 s1000rr owner and am loving the bike however I have notice a few "quirks" which I was hoping some of you could elaborate / give advice on:

The wiring loom gets gets trapped at full lock on the right side - dealer said this was normal?!

My HP Akraprovic didn't come with the DB killer - again dealer said it was normal?

The side stand is very stiff to put down (it's ok putting it back up)

The auto blipper doesn't always seem to work - I understand you have to shut the throttle but does it only work after a certain rpm like quick shifters up do when up shifting? (I have the HP rearsets if that makes a difference)

How the hell do you get the lean angle to show on the display :)

The handle bars have quite a bit of vibration how have people solved this?

Do BMW make carbon lower fairing to swap out the unpainted plastic? :)

Thanks in advance!

Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
Steve:

My 2015 no issues whatsoever at full lock either side.

Don't have an aftermarket pipe so can't help you on this one.

My side stand is not stiff when deploying it.

I've found on the downshifts you really need to push down firmly but otherwise pretty flawless.

Lean angle set up in racetrack - go to page 117 in your manual.

There is vibration in the bars - I've not found it overly annoying - you could try the $10.00 fix and put a set of Grip Puppies on or go with heavier bar end weights.

Carbon fiber belly pans are available.

#3 ·
Thanks Bruce!

Hmmm I'll have to take some of these issues up with the dealer but so far the bike is great - it just does everything so well! I'm very pleased with the throttle action which seems to be my most annoying bug bear with new bikes these days - they generally seem to be jerky but the s1000rr is flawless!

#6 ·
Nope no issues locking the bars - it's just the right side at full lock - the wiring harness gets trapped! It looks like it needs reroute get or maybe it's bikes with the performance pack with the extra wiring for cruise control? What do you guys have?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.