BMW S1000RR Forum banner

New 2015 Bmw S1000rr issue

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Mrider89 
#1 ·
Hi I'm a new owner of a brand new s1000rr. I have just ridden around 200miles. The problem is the bike feels less powerful. revving above 4k rpms makes the handle bar vibrate bad and have to shift soon. Is this common because the engine has to break in or something wrong with the bike ?

#4 ·
As far as vibrations go - yes they vibrate - terrible or to a point it is uncomfortable - no.

As far as acceleration being sluggish - need more info here - first of all both my RR's even before the rev limiter was removed were anything but sluggish.

My 15 from day one I took it to the track and had no problems running it there in regard to performance.

If you are doing 6th gear roll ons at 4K rpm's in rain mode especially (which you shouldn't be) then sure it may feel sluggish.

Take off in first gear and bring it up to say 7K rpm's and shift into 2nd gear and again bring it up to 8K rpm's in 2nd and hit 3rd gear and report back - if this does not get your attention something is not right.

And don't worry you can ride it at those rpm's certainly is not going to hurt it - at all - in fact riding these bikes at low rpm's especially during break in (lugging the engine ) not good at all.

#7 ·
Take off in first gear and bring it up to say 7K rpm's and shift into 2nd gear and again bring it up to 8K rpm's in 2nd and hit 3rd gear and report back - if this does not get your attention something is not right.
Yeah things happen way fast at those rpms on the road!

I don't have an vibration issues, but I've only got 50 miles on my bike.

#9 ·
Yes, the K67 S1000RR has a known flat spot in the power band until about 8k RPM, after 8k it takes off like a rocket. Just be patient, break it in and enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.