BMW S1000RR Forum banner

43 mpg, wow

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  MilleArp 
#1 ·
Riding my 2015 on a recent 120 mile trip down I20 in Texas I got 43 MPG running at 75 mph with the cruise control. To me this sounds great! I was expecting high 30s.

#2 ·
I guess I should say "awesome" - well it is. I have never taken either of my RR's on a highway and my 15 has been on the public roads just one time when I first got it - took it for a ride about 80 miles - it lives at the track.

I have never tried the CC and doubt I ever will - but I think for the riders that ride RR's on the highway it must be fantastic.

Now mileage - my 2012 which I rode on the street - I think I averaged about 30 mpg - now my 15 on the track - don't know but I know I go through a lot of fuel during the weekend for maybe 250 miles.

#6 ·
First 3k miles I was averaging 36mpg. Now 41mpg with spirited driving. I love the cruise control on HWs. Makes a big difference to avoid tickets.

#20 ·
FWIW... I ride my K13GT like a sportbike, get the rear edge-to-edge, no chicken strips. I used to run PR3's but found out about the Bridgestone T30GTs. Much cheaper (especially with the rebates going on!) and I wear them out sooner than the PR3s, right about when I need my 6k service, so it's oil and rubber at every one.

Since the Corsa's on this new S1R I just picked up won't last 3k, I'll prolly do another set of those, then switch to the T30's or PR4's. They have enough edge grip for me.

I'll still have the K13GT for commuting, and use the S1R for wknd back-road blasting and Deals Gap and such!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.