Sargent Seat Group Buy - Page 3 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > Supporting Vendors > Motowheels

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Can we get an update on the seats please?
I'll check with Parts and Sargent today.
-M
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #22 (permalink)

Ok, please let me know as soon as you can, I'm losing what little patience I started out with. If it's going to be longer than a week from today for me to get it, I'm going to have to ask for a refund.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Parts unlimited was still unable to ship any seats yet - but Sargents was able to ship out a few directly to us (for an additional charge).

We received 5 seats this week from Sargents that have already been shipped out. Yours was not one of them.

Please contact Brian at accounting@motowheels.com if you want to cancel so we can cancel with Parts Unlimited and Sargent.

-M
Old 12-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #24 (permalink)

Any idea how long it will be? Thanks for looking into it, I do realize it's not your fault.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motowheels View Post
We received 5 seats this week from Sargents that have already been shipped out. Yours was not one of them.

-M
I'm still waiting as well but going into this group buy I knew it might take some time, but I'm curious as to whom the 5 seats have been shipped to? Did you notify them?
NVR2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVR2L8 View Post
I'm still waiting as well but going into this group buy I knew it might take some time, but I'm curious as to whom the 5 seats have been shipped to? Did you notify them?
The 5 seats that were shipped out from here recently were the Ducati Streetfighter seats that were part of the original group buy created over a week before we offered this to the s1000RR forum. We already had over 10 Ducati seats so I came over here and offered it to the S1000RR owners thinking we could submit additional orders immediately to Sargent or Parts Unlimited.

While were able to submit the orders right away - they did not have many seats in stock in either location. Their ETA advice for production the remaining seats was vague and optimistic as well

Sargent has always been slow to deliver--so that is why we have used Parts Unlimited in the past for the basic colors. But the Streetfighter seat was a new product as well as one of the S1000RR seats, no one stocks as much as they used to - and 20+ seats takes a long time to produce...at least that is what we are finding out in hindsight. Had I known it was going to be this much trouble we would not have put everyone through this.

It went really well on our end. It only took about 5 days to get the first 10 orders. All orders were submitted online with in a span of 10 days. We accepted a few orders after the cut-off----and then nothing happened on the supply side.

Sorry guys. We didn't know we needed to ride them every week to get the parts made and delivered...

-M

Last edited by motowheels; 12-14-2012 at 02:27 PM.
motowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Any idea how long it will be? Thanks for looking into it, I do realize it's not your fault.
Sorry Aaron about the delay.
I don't really trust their ETA estimates as they appear to be guesses designed to sooth our anxiety-- it is either that or they have no idea.

We are going to keep riding them until they ship the seats out to us.
- and then make sure they are shipped out the same day as they land here. We will send tracking numbers to the emails on the order form.

-M
Old 12-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

These came in today from Sargent for the S1000RR.
We ordered black. Invoice says black.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #29 (permalink)

How much for the seat in the above pic?... I like it... whats wrong, it looks black... the red stripe ?
2000 Kawasaki ZX7R - Sold
2000 Kawasaki ZX7R - Bone Stock - Sold
1K-RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1K-RR View Post
How much for the seat in the above pic?... I like it... whats wrong, it looks black... the red stripe ?
The red piping is supposed to be black.
Brian is contacting the guys that asked for Black to see if they want it instead. If they don't want it, we will offer it here at the group buy price.

Blacks are supposed to on the way as well.

-M
Advertisement