Any sort of tools come with the S? - Page 3 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Maintenance

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Tool kit

can anyone in the UK confirm if their bike came with the tool kit, mine didn't, and if other Uk bikes did I will bend my dealers ear !
martybfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #22 (permalink)

A quick question for those of you who have been fiddling around under the passenger seat. There is an electrical plug (perhaps a diagnostic plug) in the right front corner under the seat that appears like it should snap into a plastic clip designed to hold it. Is your plug secure or does the clip hold it quite loosely and let it rattle around? Or is this clip really designed to hold the toolkit as suggested by someone earlier in this thread? If so, where is the plug supposed to reside?

Also, FWIIW, I don't have several of the tools that are in the earlier toolkit picture. I do have exactly what the OM says I should have.

- Mark

Last edited by markjenn; 04-13-2010 at 01:44 AM.
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martybfast View Post
can anyone in the UK confirm if their bike came with the tool kit, mine didn't, and if other Uk bikes did I will bend my dealers ear !

+1 .......UK riders - any kit ?
RRTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #24 (permalink)

Tools under the seat and many more in the hand over pack. I'll post a pic later if you want.

Stu
Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
rod

Garage

Yup, toolkit under seat on mine too.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
A quick question for those of you who have been fiddling around under the passenger seat. There is an electrical plug (perhaps a diagnostic plug) in the right front corner under the seat that appears like it should snap into a plastic clip designed to hold it. Is your plug secure or does the clip hold it quite loosely and let it rattle around? Or is this clip really designed to hold the toolkit as suggested by someone earlier in this thread? If so, where is the plug supposed to reside?

Also, FWIIW, I don't have several of the tools that are in the earlier toolkit picture. I do have exactly what the OM says I should have.

- Mark
Yes, there is a diagnostic plug that is held in with a clip. Mine seems to be secure when it's in the the C-clip... doesn't rattle around. As far as using it for tools - not thinking it was intended for that. I've got most of the tools tucked in the same general area and then a subset of the tools in their own little baggie (the more used ones) on the right side tucked in the fairing back there. The manual fits in the side too. Not much room for anything else, especially with the factory alarm taking up much/all of the center area.

D
#1 Plate/Champion - 2013 SMRI

SMRI #1, WMRRA #112x, USBA #715, AMA #715

HUGE Thanks to my Race Sponsors!!

Riders Discount**PMtec, Inc**Schuberth Helmets**DUNLOP**DrippinWet**Brentwood Barber Shop**MOTUL**MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Leatt Neck Protection**Knecht Automotive

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRTom View Post
+1 .......UK riders - any kit ?
What does your OM say? In the US manual, there is a fairly lengthy discussion at the beginning of the maintenance section about the toolkit and what each tool is designed to do. If yours has this section, then I wouldn't think there is any doubt - you should have gotten tools.

- Mark
Old 04-13-2010, 02:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Default tool kit supplied

Should be part of pack with bike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tools.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1487  
Old 04-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

....there's also a screw driver handle, reversible phillips/straight-blade bit, and torx wrench strapped into the bottom of the passenger seat.

- Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement