BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Service manual

44K views 70 replies 43 participants last post by  Sprocket 
#1 ·
Has anyone been able to source a service/workshop manual for the s1k??

#41 ·
There are lots of choices for software to download the ISO image and burn the DVD. I've been using ImgBurn as a CD/DVD burner for a couple years with good results. It's free. You'll need the actual writeable DVD hardware too, of course.

The Official ImgBurn Website

For simple FTP, I'd suggest FTP Commander, also free.

Free ftp client

As this develops, I'll post a step-by-step using these tools if someone is interested.

- Mark

#48 ·
BMW shop manual

Hi everyone- I bought the BMW factory manual DVD and it is good to the extent that it gives the assembly/dis-assembly directions, specifications, and torque specs. It DOES NOT give adequate trouble shooting information of the electronics, as any failure of these systems start by telling the mechanic to hook the bike up to the shop's factory analyzer, the "BMW Motorad Diagnostic system".

I asked the shop manager if the diagnostic system tool was available, and he said the factory LEASES the tool to the shops. i.e. you can't get it, and if you could, you couldn't afford it.

Bottom line: complex electrical gremlins will have to be done by the dealer. This sucks, but I think that the ability to read the codes with the 911 tool should help a lot. Just be aware that there are no trouble shooting diagrams to follow, as the assumption is that you are a BMW Mechanic.

I hope this helps!

Mike

#52 ·
Never seen a Mac version of the BMW RepRoms. Maybe Chromium or Wine on the Mac to run the RepRom.exe? I know some of the RepRom writes data to the PC for default settings as it asks for some hard-drive Temp folder on initializing.

YouTube - Run Windows programs free on Mac using Crossover Chromium

Good luck with that. Got a headache just watching it. Makes me think those TV ads of Apple being better than a PC is one big lie! Sometimes I wonder...

Might be easier to get a small portable laptop PC running Windows and use that RepRom program in it along with the GS-911 program if you have one of those too. Dragging a Mac notebook to the bike to work on something is another issue, even with a PC. If I had to do some Mac-to-Windows conversion at irregular times I'd go nuts, i.e. "How'd I do that last time?" :confused: Think I'd go to "Virtual PC for Mac Version 6.1" first. Think someone where I work has already done that to OS10.

Maybe install the iso to the Mac? It's an exe but it extracts with WinRar. Might be possible to re-WinRar it for the Mac as an *.app or *.d?? thing? Just a thought since I'm away from the Apple for a while and I thought somebody did an iso to a Mac at one time.

I dunno. I got a caffeine headache thinking about this.

Mack

#54 ·
Just got back to a reliable internet source, my house, throw up a good reliable free file hosting site and I'll post it up because honestly this jus became a mess.

So here we go one more time,

post web address for free hosting site with respectable speeds or else it will take some time.

look for new post with information in this section

sorry for the delays and all!!

#60 ·
i got one off ebay uk.....uk and usa bikes on it all of it in english aswell........:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.