Akrapovic full system / Which PCV map ?? - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Exhaust and Fuel Delivery

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Akrapovic full system / Which PCV map ??

I installed my Akrapovic full evo system and PCV last week. I haven't ridden the bike yet so the PCV is currently still exactly as it came out of the box.

I have downloaded the PCV map from their website for the Akra full system and was planning on running this.

My questiion is with the exception of having a custom map done is this the best map to use for this exhaust system. I currently have no auto tune so just a static map is what im looking for.

Also should i run a different map if im doing a track day which requires the baffle to be used ?
marky_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

the map from there site isnt the best but its better than stock tune and that is what yours will have.....

maybe one of the guys on here will send u a map i hear dan kyle has a very good one......

and yes its a good idea to run a different map with a baffle but they are few and far between most people dont bother....
S1000RR ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1000RR ROB View Post
the map from there site isnt the best but its better than stock tune and that is what yours will have.....

maybe one of the guys on here will send u a map i hear dan kyle has a very good one......

and yes its a good idea to run a different map with a baffle but they are few and far between most people dont bother....
Cheers Rob, i know the best solution is always going to be a custom map but for now i'd appreciate anything that anyone has that might be suitable and better than the Akra one from dynojet.
marky_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Any canned map will be hit or miss, even DK maps.

Just load the map for your bike and get a good custom map...that will be best.
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Cheers Rob, i know the best solution is always going to be a custom map but for now i'd appreciate anything that anyone has that might be suitable and better than the Akra one from dynojet.
Which muffler do you have the shorty, or the long?

I have a good map for the long.
You will need to send me an email as I cannot send it thru the PM system.
My email is dan@kyleusa.com
Dan Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
Any canned map will be hit or miss, even DK maps.

Just load the map for your bike and get a good custom map...that will be best.
Just wondering, why do you think a map would need to be changed if it is made for the same aftermarket exhaust??
Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kyle View Post
Just wondering, why do you think a map would need to be changed if it is made for the same aftermarket exhaust??

Because no two bikes are the same.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
sbs

Just get Dan Kyle's map... Really, just get it and be amazed.

A custom map is only as good as the guy that makes the map. I had a custom map done for my Triumph Daytona 675 and it SUCKED!!!! Cost me $700.00.. eventually I had a guy in Australia share his with me and it was great.

I had a custom map done for my 2006 ZX-10R and it turned out OK, but nowhere near as good as this map I have from Dan.

As far as I know, Dan has close to 100 hours into his map and it's made my Bike, by FAR the best, most smooth, most driveable Bike I have ever had. That's apart from the ballistic power that his map will give you.

Dan will let you have his map for free.. what have you got to lose? If you don't like it, go ahead and get a custom tune.
sbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
Because no two bikes are the same.
What would be different between any 2 bikes??

How does BMW manage to make one map work for every bike they make?? (within the same country)

How does BMW sell replacement parts that are interchangable?

Heads, pistons, cams, crankshafts, ECU, etc.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

I feel sorry for everyone who wasted money on auto tunes then.

I'm not playing your game Dan, production tolerances are real.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement