Akrapovic full system / Which PCV map ?? - Page 3 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Exhaust and Fuel Delivery

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #21 (permalink)

From the DJ FAQ's

If I live in the United States can I use one of the European maps?

Dynojet offers different maps for the US market and the European market due to the differences in the fuels. In most cases the fuel available in Europe will make a bike run much richer than the fuel available in the US. For this reason we recommend that you use a map that coincides with the region in that you live in. Although we have seen some European maps work well for US bikes so it may be worth trying.
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #22 (permalink)

The best way is custom map, not because there are some production tolerances, but because the weather conditions are different in different countries. Temperature, humidity, altitude, they all affect the performance of the bikes, so custom map is always the best way to go. We should not forget however, that the weather is always changing, so A/T is needed if you want better performance.
JonnKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #23 (permalink)

These are not carbed bikes. modern fuel injection makes corrections for daily conditions. I think Bazazz and their slick marketing brainwashed people with the "real world conditions" Crap.

Look what Dynojet stated in a recent thread. (no I don't work for Dynojet) just search for posts made by them and you'll learn a ton.

Power Commander V

Not true at all. One of the main benefits of a fuel injected bike is that it will compensate for weather and altitude changes. The Power Commander does NOT interfere with this at all. That being said bike can be different one to another so the only way to know for sure your bike is running 100% is to get it on the dyno and check it. We have taken our dyno truck around the country for years and many times have seen a map off the site work perfect for guys.

Last edited by Mr. T; 03-24-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #24 (permalink)

Guys any map for Europe on an AKRA Full Exhaust stainless steel pipes and long can ? (stock air filter)? Huge thanks? Or where to find it ?
diverbelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
R.I.P., you will be missed but never forgotten...

Garage

Mr T, that is quite correct. All modern sport bikes do compensate for ambient conditions TO THEIR OWN AF TARGET!! And the BMWs is poor. If you want to fix it, then you need to create a new target and stop the ECU from overwriting it. You can only do that with a fuel management device, pc, bazzaz, et al.

Back to back the difference with and without a pc is huge, believe me. I don't sell the product, I just experienced the difference as did all of the BMW guys in our group. More significant on the BMW that the other sport bikes!

N.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

Default custom map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kyle View Post
Just wondering, why do you think a map would need to be changed if it is made for the same aftermarket exhaust??
dan only had my 1000rr a short while its got a akra short can on but want front pipes, are they realy realy loud ? when i get sorted would i be able to get that realy good map from you ? thanks kev from the uk.
kevin m s/land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #27 (permalink)

Be careful kev cause I don't think someone will sell you only the pipes. I had the same issue and had to buy the full exhaust again...
diverbelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #28 (permalink)

Garage

FWIW, I spent a full day with my S-RR on the dyno, testing various racing and street fuels and the OEM and BMW HP Race Kit ECU's. I'll have a full article in the July issue of the BMWMOA ON, but for now, we got a consistent 183.8x RWHP with both Shell V-power pump gas and Sunoco 100-octane race gas from the pumps at Summit Point Raceway. We wrote a separate map for BioWeapon oxygenated "Extra Crispy" race fuel, and yet another for VP-MR12 oxygenated race fuel. Both the BioWeapon and VP MR12 got us to 189.9x RWHP consistently across several pulls. Our best of the day was a 192.40 pull with BioWeapon, but we could not repeat it. (We suspected that we had a trace of some pump gas left and the slight change made some kind of difference. The A/F ratio looked funny on that pull.)

We mapped with:

Stock S1000RR motor, 3300 race miles on the odometer
Akrapovic Full Stainless race system, short muffler (NOT street-legal or even close)
BMC Race air filter
Dynojet PCV.
BMW OEM BMS-K ECU, then HP Race Kit ECU with Race software package.

We did exactly 100 pulls in 6-1/2 hours of testing. Used two gas tanks, two ECU's, wore the poor dyno operator out! (Kenny Martin of MRP Motorsports in Pasadena, Maryland.)

I have a very nice map for the above equipment, running the HP Race Kit ECU with pump gas. It was almost 5.5 HP better than the Race Kit ECU alone, and eliminated the wicked lean spot between two and thirty-five hundred RPM that came free with the Race Kit. (Yes, I understand that racers better never get down that low, but stuff happens, and throttle management is always better than none.) If somebody wants a copy of that map (NOT suitable for a non-race Kit ECU or different exhaust. Email me via linky
WERA Expert #311
Thanking my SPONSORS:
Rubber Chicken Racing Garage * Hermy's BMW-Triumph * Metal Finishing Systems
MotorcycleXcitement Track Days * ABSOLUTE CYCLE Track Days

Last edited by RubberChicken; 05-16-2011 at 09:14 PM.
RubberChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

Garage

Hey, Dan. I was talking to Udo the other day, mentioned that you were active on this forum. he says to say Hi. Udo and I shared a desk back in the 70's when he ran the Butler & Smith BMW race team, before his Honda days.
WERA Expert #311
Thanking my SPONSORS:
Rubber Chicken Racing Garage * Hermy's BMW-Triumph * Metal Finishing Systems
MotorcycleXcitement Track Days * ABSOLUTE CYCLE Track Days
RubberChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:47 AM   #30 (permalink)

Is there a DK map I could try for the Akra Full Racing (S.S.) exhaust?

I've tried the canned map from the DJ site and it doesn't feel right up to about 4500rpms or so..

Thanks!
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement