S1000rr hesitation w/ PC5? - Page 3 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Exhaust and Fuel Delivery


» Insurance
» Sponsors
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 05:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
Lifetime Member
 
Wild Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norfolk, England
Posts: 1,298
Default

I've had the same issue with my set up when on track. Come out of a turn, full throttle, quick shift, bog....then it's back on power. I can't duplicate the problem but it's happened to me last year and a few times this year. Usually it had been on a certain corner but recently it was a different corner at the same track.

I'm running full exhaust and PCV with stock air filter.


Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
__________________
Wild Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pete View Post
I've had the same issue with my set up when on track. Come out of a turn, full throttle, quick shift, bog....then it's back on power. I can't duplicate the problem but it's happened to me last year and a few times this year. Usually it had been on a certain corner but recently it was a different corner at the same track.

I'm running full exhaust and PCV with stock air filter.


Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Is the bog mid shift? I did notice sometimes when the shift lever doesn't fully travel the engine 'coasts' for much longer than usual during the shift.
Zed03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
zr_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hannacroix, NY 12087
Posts: 10
Default

I have a quick question, could a new dyno tuning/remapping possibly make my 2012 BMW S1000RR with Taylormade full exhaust and PCV have a soft spot in the 3500 – 6500 RPM range?

But also had both tires replaced at the same time, so I am thinking wheel sensor issue maybe.

It feels like a flat spot or like the clutch/computer isn’t transmitting the power through the to the rear wheel. But the more time I ride it, it is looking more like the computer is cutting out, which leads me to sensors even more.

At first I thought it was wheel slip, but it seems sluggish and cuts in and out based on throttle response on low end rapid acceleration and seems to settle in around 7500 – 8000 rpm if throttle change isn't erratic.

First thing I tried, was to retrieve the custom tune (professional done by a local dyno / race shop) to save it and reload the original Taylormade tuning 12-012-005 to see if that would make it go away if the map was way off.

After all that, no real success getting everything back to what it was before the custom tuning, so I figured I would check the web/blogs.

If anyone could let me know your thoughts, or if you experienced something similar, did the rev limiter software switch in the PCV fix the issue?

I would greatly appreciate any and all help or advice to where I should look.

Wish I left good enough alone now, the bike was an absolute beast before all this.
zr_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bsinclair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: evansville indiana
Posts: 584
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr_scott View Post
I have a quick question, could a new dyno tuning/remapping possibly make my 2012 BMW S1000RR with Taylormade full exhaust and PCV have a soft spot in the 3500 – 6500 RPM range?

But also had both tires replaced at the same time, so I am thinking wheel sensor issue maybe.

It feels like a flat spot or like the clutch/computer isn’t transmitting the power through the to the rear wheel. But the more time I ride it, it is looking more like the computer is cutting out, which leads me to sensors even more.

At first I thought it was wheel slip, but it seems sluggish and cuts in and out based on throttle response on low end rapid acceleration and seems to settle in around 7500 – 8000 rpm if throttle change isn't erratic.

First thing I tried, was to retrieve the custom tune (professional done by a local dyno / race shop) to save it and reload the original Taylormade tuning 12-012-005 to see if that would make it go away if the map was way off.

After all that, no real success getting everything back to what it was before the custom tuning, so I figured I would check the web/blogs.

If anyone could let me know your thoughts, or if you experienced something similar, did the rev limiter software switch in the PCV fix the issue?

I would greatly appreciate any and all help or advice to where I should look.

Wish I left good enough alone now, the bike was an absolute beast before all this.
Did you leave the db killer in ? The first thing I would do is remove it if so. I have seen as much as a 10 horsepower loss in power due to this. Did you remove the o2 sensors? I didn't quite understand your post, did you take your bike to a tuning shop to have it tuned?
bsinclair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
zr_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hannacroix, NY 12087
Posts: 10
Default

I had the PCV and taylor made exhaust in for 5-6 months with no issue.

i brought it to have tires installed and dyno mapped to optimize the combination, for it was a 2010-2011 tune, mine is a 2012 and to see if the backfire could be corrected.

The db killer is out, O2's are in.

Unfortunately should have left well enough alone.

Hope this helps.
zr_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Hernan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 426
Default

Im no expert, but I thought the stock O2s came out when you put the Power commander on unless you were using something like autotune,and you would use the wideband o2 sensor from the autotune and not the stock ones. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr_scott View Post
I had the PCV and taylor made exhaust in for 5-6 months with no issue.

i brought it to have tires installed and dyno mapped to optimize the combination, for it was a 2010-2011 tune, mine is a 2012 and to see if the backfire could be corrected.

The db killer is out, O2's are in.

Unfortunately should have left well enough alone.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Hernan; 10-29-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Hernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: London
Posts: 69
Default hesitation

I had the same issue and after a lot of headache it turned out to be the secondary fuel module. We zeroed the map and it still did it. took the sfm out of the bike and problem solved. The o2 sensors should be removed if the bike has been dynoed, this will hopefully be the cause.
__________________
Current bikes:

2012 s1000rr
2010 cbr1000rr
2005 gsxr1000 (track bike)
2007 Harley davidson heritage custom
2002 kx250
Toe cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
varunrajg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 297
Default

Have you had the PAIR valves blocked? Either at the airbox or with the block off plates - this is important.
varunrajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
pekespeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana, USA
Posts: 277
Default ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said..
pekespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
QuikSanD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 281
Default ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what they said
__________________
2013 s1k, Austin Racing GP3, PC V, fries and a drink
QuikSanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
© S1000RRforum.com
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum