Fellas, I need a hand here... - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Exhaust and Fuel Delivery

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Fellas, I need a hand here...

...Greetings, I'm about to install a stock header w/a DanMoto midpipe and stock muffler (with stock filter or K&N...haven't decided yet). What map would better suit this configuration? I'm on the East coast in the US. If anybody has this setup and want to do a good deed by PM'ing or attaching a map, that would be very generous of you. Thanks in advance fellas, shiny side up!

*sb: I decided to pass on the Autotune because I feel that it's a little to advance for my technical skill set.
miltolam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Miltolam,

I assume you are running a Power Commander. If so the Autotune is not difficult other than maybe getting the correct diameter opening in the exhaust for the Autotune 02 sensor. I'm not sure but I don't think it will fit in the OEM Header. I believe the better plan it to plug the OEM openings and install a bung in your DanMoto pipe for the Autotune 02 sensor, i.e. where the flow form all four (4) headers comes together Anyway that way the PCV will make it's own map according to preset AFR values and according to your exact configuration. Really not that difficult.

Otherwise, why not try asking DanMoto where to obtain a map with your configuration, after you decide on which air filter. You could also try Dan Kyle Racing.

Curtis
cwcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

@Curtis,

I understand the installation aspect from some pics previously provided by Routybouty. What I don't get with the Autotune is how are the tweaks/corrections made. Initially, I was under the impression that it does it on it's own but I was corrected on that and was told that the AT captures the data then you have to make the adjustments and upload the corrected maps to the PCV. And when you say the preset AFR value, are you referring to the default AFR values of the bike? Do tell, thx...

I will try to reach out to Danmoto and Dan Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcary View Post
Miltolam,

I assume you are running a Power Commander. If so the Autotune is not difficult other than maybe getting the correct diameter opening in the exhaust for the Autotune 02 sensor. I'm not sure but I don't think it will fit in the OEM Header. I believe the better plan it to plug the OEM openings and install a bung in your DanMoto pipe for the Autotune 02 sensor, i.e. where the flow form all four (4) headers comes together Anyway that way the PCV will make it's own map according to preset AFR values and according to your exact configuration. Really not that difficult.

Otherwise, why not try asking DanMoto where to obtain a map with your configuration, after you decide on which air filter. You could also try Dan Kyle Racing.

Curtis
miltolam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

after you have everything installed go to the power commander and chosse a map that closely fits your set up. they have a few. otherwise take your bike to have it dynotuned. Im not trying to be a dick, but your set up requires a dynotune if you want teh bike to run 100%. i dont think someone here will spend the money to have their bike dyno tuned and give the map out for free. the dyno tune and the power commander autotune should run at the same price. just pick one
doidera00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

i was reading about autotune. it says that it will tune the bike buy itself or it will give you data so you can adjust yourself. you choose.
doidera00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement