BMW S1000RR Forum banner

So, got a Yoshimura exhaust, and someone messed up

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  IronMaidenJapan 
#1 ·
I was so excited to get my exhaust delivered today. I took off my stock exhaust and went to install the Yoshi....and for the love of god I could not get the headers mounted. Looked at it in more detail and the engine bits were blocking the flanges from seating.

So I took a look at the documentation and lo-and-behold, someone done goofed the flange orientation. 3 of them are flipped and put on wrong (1,2 and 4) :(

Anyone have this exhaust? It's the Yoshi R-77 Full system. I am kind of hesitant to buy the same one again... BTW I can't flip them myself because various welds prevent them from being removed. Or, maybe I am missing something here and it's actually me that's the problem?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Dont't have a Yoshi system, but if it is anything like the Akra(the photo resembles and Akra), those flanges should be loose. They can (on the akra anyway) be bolted to the manifold and the the headers are addressed and connected with springs (hence the small holes on the flanges and the 'loops' on the headers.

#16 ·
The whole thing was probably around 4 hours with all of my fairings already off....and I have a broken thumb and middle finger. Fitting the new headers took just over an hour. I was pleasantly surprised.

I had drained the radiator and moved it all the way forward until it hit the wheel. That and removing the stock headers probably took me 3 hours. Removing the stock exhaust was a choir compared to putting the new yoshi headers on. I think the fact that the 2 sides are separated had made them much easier to mount.

#19 ·
I did at first, but the tubes prevented it from moving very far. Unplugging them added an extra inch of room which was like 25% more space. I had to replace all of the right fairings, rear sub-frame, rear rim, and crash protection bits. I decided to get the full exhaust because it wasn't much more than a new slip-on. I figure that refilling the engine ice was the least of my worries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.