BMW S1000RR Forum banner

SC Project for '17 RR

7K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  CraigF 
#1 ·
Anyone have experience with the S1 exhaust from SC? Looking at the photos, I don't see any kind of exhaust hanger, either connected to the footpeg brackets or otherwise. Can't believe it just hangs there off the mid-pipe.

Also...is this exhaust similar or louder or much louder than stock? Looks to be Euro-compliant, so street legal for sure.

What about weight? Can't find anything on the site:

https://sc-project.us/s1-exhaust-by-sc-project-B25-T41T.html

Thank you!

#7 ·
Thanks! I like the conic...and it sounds like they and Akrapovic are having the same situation of "backorder" on the '17 slip-ons. Wondering why the delay...

How about the S1? That's available, but how much lighter is it than stock, and is it louder? I don't want any measurable loudness increase, but lighter weight would be welcome.

Thanks.

#12 ·
I should have given a better account of the full response, they had said 2-3 weeks for build AND delivery to the US customer. I'm sure hoping that's the case!
I think the "backorder" thing is a bit of a ruse. I have a feeling this is just how they handle their JIT inventory (just in time).

#22 ·
Keep in mind that if you want a full system for a 2017 S1KR instead of just a slip-on, any 15-16 will bolt straight up. Bear in mind though, if it's a system that uses the exhaust hanger mounting point on the 15-16 right rearset, you'll need to change out your 17 rearset to either a stock or aftermarket for the 15-16 as the 17 does not have this mounting point. However, if the 15-16 exhaust that you're looking at mounts off of the rear right passenger footpeg, you're good to go.

#24 · (Edited)
I ordered an SCP S1 slip on for my 17 through the Australian distributor a couple of weeks back. Was advised that SCP were only starting to manufacture these mid June and European + American orders would be filled first. Confirmed this with SCP themselves. I'll be waiting until end July to receive by the looks of it.

Time to get those baffles out of the stock can tonight, in the hope it will make a little more noise.

#26 ·
Thought I should copy paste this here from another thread for future searchers:

Bolted on the SC Project S1 last night and took the beast out for a good run. Verdict.... I love it!

Thought it was going to be relatively quiet given the above feedback from SCP but it is louder than I thought it might be. Definitely not offensively loud but it has a nice deep sound through the bottom end and mid range then screams up top. Decel and downshift pops are much louder now. The exhaust valve makes a significant difference to the sound in 2nd and 3rd gears below approx 5000 rpm. On a normal take off 1st gear loud, 2nd and 3rd gear quiet then 4th, 5th, 6th loud again unless you're up it. Personal preference but I'll try disconnecting the servo cables tonight. Can't say if it is as loud as the same slip on on a 15/16 model until I ride with someone with the setup.

For me, I like the look now even with the godzilla cat. Will get a noise video together soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.