BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Sc Project Slip-On for 2017 RR released

10K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  L8Apex 
#1 · (Edited)
I've just found that SC Project released 2 slip-ons (S1 & CR-T full TI) for 2017 RR. Unfortunately both models are street legal :surprise: Is it because of Euro4 cat? Maybe they will release a non street legal version in the future or maybe a full system? Still from the video it sound good but probably not as loud as 2015-2016 CR-Ts >:)

See less See more
1 2
#25 ·
I suspect the cats will be a way of life from now on. Anyone trading in for an '18, or even '19 and beyond just as is now the case with the '17, will be faced with a catalytic converter, or the prospect of spending some $$ on a full system.

When I owned my '13, it had a cat, and a sporty stock muffler. Never gave it a second thought. You don't see the cat when you're riding...

:grin2:

#15 ·
Yup agree. A shortie will make it look like an unwanted testicle. Which is why it's better to either leave it totally stock, or replace the whole system. I've polished away the discolourations on mine so it all looks nice and shiny. The only people I've met who've complained about the cat are 15/16 owners! The compensation for me personally is knowing the '17 has more overall power and torque, as well as improved handling. To the 15/16 crew - I understand your horror! But this is the new reality for motors that combust liquefied dinosaurs: Bigasscats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.