BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Please help me make an exhaust decision!

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  beantickler 
#1 ·
I am torn between 2 exhausts... I like the Racefit and the SCProject exhaust. I am only looking for a slip on. I have a 2016 all black premium. I think I like the Growler style tip the best and plus I can use the DB killer if needed. From what I am reading here they sound about the same. So my question is Which exhaust and in what material would you get it in? I was leaning towards carbon or black. Thanks guys...

#4 ·
No... After reading as much as I could here I think my love for the Taylormade has gone sour... All I read is how big of a POS it is and heavy also. The sound is crap and on and on... Don't get me wrong... In my mind nothing looks better than that side pipe poking out of carbon trim... But who wants a nice looking pile of junk? I see a bunch of guys like the Arrow exhausts but I just dont dig em. The austin racing looks nice but only the full system and that is a ton of money... All I want is better looks and some sound... Im not a racer or a track guy. I ride solely on the street so a full system is kind of useless to me.

#6 ·
Racefit in all TI. Stay away from carbon on cans.

RF is few ounces lighter than SC, also the welding on it is cleaner. RF sells a repacking kit for it. I have over 21k on mine and like it.

SC is a tiny bit louder.

Reactions: beantickler
#10 ·
Do you know if the TI racefit can is the super shiny one or the dull finished one? Or can TI be polished or brushed like stainless? z00 can you link me pix of yours or add some here? Actually anyone with Racefit or SC on a 15+ is welcome to post pix of them. I see a lot of pictures but not many with my black swing arm.

#12 ·
Racefit?

I have to put race-fit in for the Run. I also own a race fit slip-on can the non Growlers Style, mine is just an open ended can. It sounds great nice and loud, I only ride the streets also would like to do a track day but have yet to do one.

As far as material mine is all titanium with the chemical etching. When I received my race-fit I put it on the scale and I believe it was barely over 1 pound in total weight. Also check the prices I'm not sure which one is cheaper but I got mine from motomummy.com for 630 ish I believe.

#14 ·
Hi I have a 15plate RR, I fit a Austin racing end can (GP1 I think) it looked great and sounded fantastic, but I can honestly say tha after only 3- 4 month it starts to anoy me, not only that it also lost power, so I fit the DB killer in it and that really reduced power, only when I fit the standard can back on did I realise just how much power I lost, other than the can my bike was standard so mybe that's why it lost power, but most of these cans are plug and play so shouldn't need remapping ETC.
I'm not having a go at Austin Racing products they are great quality, I'm just warning you that what ever can you get you MAY lose power, I'm no expert by any means but I believe it has to do with the length of the can, the Austin can was Aprox a foot shorter than standard so things like back pressure affect it, I fit a akrapovic on my 13 plate RR and that was fine no loss of power but the akrapovic was Aprox the Same length as the standard one.
Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.