BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Anyone got the new Yoshimura Alpha T slip-on?

9K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  28474 
#1 ·
I was looking at aftermarket slip-ons to replace the stock can on my new 2016 S1000RR and had it shortlisted to the Yoshimura R-55, Arrow Works and SC Project Conic. After watching videos online and reading through the forums, I had decided on the R-55. But looks like nobody has them in stock as they are being phased out and being replaced by the new Alpha T. The only video of it I have found so far is the one on Yoshimura's site. Going by this video, it doesn't sound as deep and bass-y as the R-55, sounds more like stock to me.

Anyone here got one or been able to listen to one? Would appreciate any inputs that can help me decide. Any other suggestions for exhausts similar to the R-55 in price, sound and its shorter size? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Looks like a cheaper, not as sexy, stainless version of the Ti R-55. Wait until you can get the R-55 of you can afford the extra $200 or so.

#8 ·
Price point is less? Am I missing something? This is what the R-55 cost too right?

I like the R-55 because it looks better IMO, classier, and is welded in front instead of riveted. Looks cleaner, though surely more expensive. I'd like to see a dyno chart comparo between the 2. those are about the numbers the CA Yosh guy told me I'd see for the R-55. It's a slip-on after the cats, there CAN'T be a big difference.
Sport Rider claims this gives a bump of 5 ft/lbs to the torque curve and smoothens out the dip around 4k RPM. Attaching the dyno graph for everyone's reference.

Source

#7 ·
I like the R-55 because it looks better IMO, classier, and is welded in front instead of riveted. Looks cleaner, though surely more expensive. I'd like to see a dyno chart comparo between the 2. those are about the numbers the CA Yosh guy told me I'd see for the R-55. It's a slip-on after the cats, there CAN'T be a big difference.

#10 ·
Why? The Yosh is considerably cheaper last I looked, and looks better IMO with a lot straighter pipe run from the cats to the can (important for flow), PLUS Arrow were @$$holes and never responded to me in any fashion when I had questions, and from dealers I've talked to, that's just how they are. Screw that. Both the Yosh sales rep in SoCal AND the guys in Japan got right back to me on my questions and were very helpful. Decision made.

Reactions: flintskin
#16 ·
I love my pipe. ....lol. I do understand that some people had a bad experience dealing with Arrow. I ordered direct from revzilla and had no issues. I removed the baffle right away and I love the sound. My friend has the graves and removed his cats and his is noticeably louder.

I do not notice any gains or losses in performance. Overall I am happy with it.

#17 ·
I ordered direct from revzilla and had no issues.
I ordered my R-55 from Revzilla and had no issues as well. What I meant was I had specific questions about dyno results, mapping, etc., and Arrow totally ignored me, whereas Yosh was EXTREMELY responsive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.