Dan moto cat delete - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Dan moto cat delete

Purchased a 2013 S1000rr over the summer with 1k miles. Just put on a danmoto cat delete pipe and the exhaust "pulses" a little bit while idling. I know by cutting off the cat, it also removes the butterfly valve that looks like a throttle body, so air flow out of the bike has largely increased from reduced back pressure. I was hoping I wouldn't have to spend money on a power commander or tune from a local shop, but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this and whether or not a k&n air filter could fix it or other solutions. Thanks
-T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 07:48 PM

The bike will auto learn and adjust some but it will never be perfect without a power commander or another tuning system

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Street- 2014 BMW HP4

Track/Race- 2015 BMW S1000rr/ 2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R- the usual race mods.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcash View Post
Purchased a 2013 S1000rr over the summer with 1k miles. Just put on a danmoto cat delete pipe and the exhaust "pulses" a little bit while idling. I know by cutting off the cat, it also removes the butterfly valve that looks like a throttle body, so air flow out of the bike has largely increased from reduced back pressure. I was hoping I wouldn't have to spend money on a power commander or tune from a local shop, but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this and whether or not a k&n air filter could fix it or other solutions. Thanks
-T
any update on your bike smoothing out those pulses?

Ive been considering this option, minus the tuning software as a temporary option until I can justify spending 3k on a decent system and tune. lol.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:57 AM

You will see quite the difference if you get a PCV and properly tune the bike. It all cost me about $500, PCV(installed it myself) and tuning at Extreme Machines. PCV can be had for $269 from https://www.motomummy.com/electronic/. Tuning - depends on a shop. I consider it money well spent.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:40 PM

No arguments here, I've just had my heart set on using the Brentune Flash over the PCV which is a thousand dollar tune...but everyone says it's well worth it. I'd just rather wait until I buy my full Inconel AR system to then pay for a tune and only do it once.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:10 PM

Garage
I was told PCV doesnt do much on 2015 contrary to on a 2010. is this true?

MTL - 2015 S1K
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:52 PM

Speaking of danmoto, I checked with the US shop and they do make a 2016 cat-delete, just out of stock at moment. This is good news as I can keep my Yoshi slip-on and lose the cat weight without going full system route. I would still get a PCV and sprint filter. That's gotta be good for at least an extra +5hp
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:57 AM

Garage
So,after reading this thread (bear in mind I'm mechanically-challenged at times), I've drawn these conclusions.

As I have a slip-on, I can just get a cat delete pipe.

A PCV is not necessary but highly recommended.

Questions
With just a slip-on and cat delete pipe, how would the bike differ when having a PCV installed? Smoother, faster, more hp, more torque, just generally better running?

Update to the above. Just spoke to BMW Thailand and the said the stock pipe needs cutting for a cat delete pipe to be installed and may affect warranty.

Would you mind telling me whose brain I DID put in?.....Abby someone…..Abby someone. Abby who?.....Abby Normal.

Last edited by El Tel; 01-12-2017 at 06:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode