BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Just unpacked my "Race Kit"

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  MasterTommy NL 
#1 ·
Just got my HP Race Kit now and unpacked it... and its not that impressive for 4400.. lol. Here is the good news... everyone can say they have a race kit on their HP4 because the can looks EXACTLY the same. You cant tell the diameter of the headers are bigger on the bike. You can notice the absence of the Cat though. Curious to look and compare both cans when the stock one comes off The control unit looks like it came out of a used Chevy at the yard.... ;) . So that being said I'm Super Happy....

See less See more
#3 ·
I went back and forth with the Reps because someone said when you buy the HP Race kit it puts the bike into a manual warranty status. I was like WTF does that mean... SOOOOOOOO I ca put a Akr Evo on and a PCV and my warranty stays the same but with original HP items it changes? So I finally got a hold of a NA Rep and He told me that if I put the HP race kit on the warranty will only be NOT honored from abuse or tampering with the control unit. He said redlining it for 5 minutes or rolling burnouts for a 1/4 of mile constitutes abuse. He assured me that it is very easy for them to tell EXACTLY what was going on when the bike failed. We can tell if its been on the track or not without even seeing the bike he said. They just need the ECU. I believe that, He also stated thats how every S1000 case is when there is engine failure, Someone at BMW determines if it was abuse. Makes sense, and thats how it should be. I was going to go with a Akr Evo with a PCV if that was the case. So that was my journey through the pipeline of trying to find out what to get. I mean I was on phones with them day in and day out.

#5 ·
Do you mean if something would go wrong just put the original control unit in? Possible but the last recorded data wont match, for example my bike has 7 miles on it. If my bike takes a **** at 800 and I put the original one back in the data is gonna show that control units last mileage at 7 and they would know. And I'm sure that bike has a cangateway or two here and there to separate data all over. But as long as you don't beat the piss outta your bike all should be good

#6 · (Edited)
maddrama, you will have the ultimate road bike my friend :cool:

I'm am curious to know if the Race kit ECU enable code was updated to reflect the additional DTC adjustment capabilities of the HP4's slick mode, or any of the HP4s upgrades for that matter. For instance, will you be able to customize the DTC parameters for the 15 levels of handlebar adjustment or if it only allows adjustment in slick mode and the handle bar controls raise or lower DTC levels from there. The other reason they would need an updated code is to retain the DDC programming and launch control etc, since those features aren't on the older bikes...what part number did you order?

#8 ·
:D Thanks... yeah should make some decent numbers with some VP or Klotz race fuel in her...There is only one that you can order I was aware of. The code was said to to work with al the new features. They gave me a dam manual you can see in the picture.... These are the parts I ordered. I will be getting the calibration tool in the spring. That makes it fully customizable probably past what you can do from the bike.

I'd love to see that full exhaust on the scale.
I can definitely weigh the two and see the difference

#10 ·
KarlB what's up pal.... Nice to see you here... Yeah so that's what I came up with... Thanks for all the help...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#12 ·
They said it was In between the evo and the factory team exhaust comparatively. Weds I take it in and I will weigh both.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.