Quick exhaust help. - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quick exhaust help.

I've installed my Remus full exhaust but I have yet to fire her up. The O2 sensors are still hanging and the servo motors have both been rotated slightly ( my mistake, didn't know I was supposed to absolutely not touch them). With the O2 sensors still attached but not plugged into anything and the servo motors probably rotated slightly can I risk starting her up and driving her to the shop to finish the install.

I was going to have a shop get the power commander put on and properly tuned as well as remove the servos and O2 sensors, I just don't want to hurt the bike by riding it in its current state. Am I only expecting a check engine light while I ride it in or is there something more I'm doing to her buy firing up the motor and riding to the shop? The ride to the shop is about 10 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:08 PM

The full Remus still has the exhaust flap valves in it? If not then it doesn't matter if the cables are disconnected. Just plug in the O2 sensors and let the shop disconnect them and remove them. Make sure they are connected to the proper sides.

Pretty certain (99%) that disconnected O2 sensors won't throw a fault in the instrument panel. Otherwise all the guys that have PCVs on their bikes would be riding around with an engine light on.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Sponsor/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperclaw View Post
The full Remus still has the exhaust flap valves in it? If not then it doesn't matter if the cables are disconnected. Just plug in the O2 sensors and let the shop disconnect them and remove them. Make sure they are connected to the proper sides.

Pretty certain (99%) that disconnected O2 sensors won't throw a fault in the instrument panel. Otherwise all the guys that have PCVs on their bikes would be riding around with an engine light on.
This is correct... no code on the dash.

SMRI #715, AHRMA #715 WMRRA #112x, USBA #715, AMA #715

Thank you - 2015 Race Sponsors (click below)!!

MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Schuberth Helmets**Held Gloves/Leathers**Riders Discount**Pit Posse**Woodcraft**MOTUL

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 03:18 PM

Question on this topic

Is it OK to remove the exhaust Servo when installing a full exhaust. SInce it serves no purpose now...how much would it weigh..? Will this throw a code on the dash(removal of the Servo)??
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 05:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunrajg View Post
Is it OK to remove the exhaust Servo when installing a full exhaust. SInce it serves no purpose now...how much would it weigh..? Will this throw a code on the dash(removal of the Servo)??
Yes , you can remove it and it won't hurt anything. It will store a fault code but won't cause a light in the dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode