DynoJet Map - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Exhaust and Fuel Delivery

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default DynoJet Map

I have a 2012 with about 2500 miles. I have installed a full (S.S.) Akrapovic system along with a PCV (only mods). I'm using the map provided by Dynojet for this setup.

Everything is fine, but the bike seems to run excessively rich, especially at lower RPMs. Friends comment on smelling fuel when I zip past them and the exit of the muffler is "sooty" black. Moreover, my gas mileage has dropped from 38~39 to around 35mph. I don't care about the reduction, just reporting it as evidence of rich condition.

Anyone able to steer me to another map which might help this. I'm a street rider only and do not care about ultimate power, but would like to correct the AF if possible and needful.

Thanks,

Curtis
cwcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Get a aftermarket air filter will help. But I'm pretty sure all basic maps run slightly rich to be on the safe side since all motors are different. Get a custom tune and that will help even more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Motorcycle.com Free App
ghost24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost24 View Post
Get a aftermarket air filter will help. But I'm pretty sure all basic maps run slightly rich to be on the safe side since all motors are different. Get a custom tune and that will help even more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Motorcycle.com Free App
A aftermarket air filter will not help as the stock one flows better than a bmw race. In order to fix your problems you are going to have a custom map built. Did you remove your o2 sensors ?
bsinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

bsinclair,

Well we installed the 02 sensors in the headers from the Akrapovic system, but we unplugged them from the wiring harness. Our thinking was that we might want to try the system without the PCV for comparison with the OEM ECU, but we never did.

I have examined the map as supplied by Dynojet, and if memory serves fuel was removed down low in the RPMs and added on top. But I'll stand corrected if anyone's memory is different, cause my memory is all but non existent.

Curtis
Old 11-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

The maps from the dynojet site all add fuel down low and in the midrange at partial throttle openings, then take fuel out at high rpm and large throttle openings.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

thanks Piper,

I see my memory is photographic, as always. Chuckle.

Curtis
Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Garage

without the use of a wideband to monitor a/f ratio your shooting in the dark trying to tune one. either spend the money to have a good tuner create a map on the dyno or live with it.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks Bsinclair,

I'm aware of those choices, but thought I'd check to see if maybe there was another map available. I would install a Dynojet Autotune in a heartbeat, if I didn't have to uninstall the exhaust to weld a bung spigot in the collector chamber. The mid pipe or whatever you call it, i.e. where the system goes from 4 into 2 into 1. I'm not wild about the Dyno map route either, for reasons I will here omit.

This all started when I read somewhere that the wide band 02 sensor (included with AutoTune) could use an existing spigot(s) in the Akrapovic headers. According to Dynojet this is incorrect and a new spigot must be created as indicated above. I wished I'd known this when I had the headers in a box!!

Curtis
Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Garage

that is correct... to get the auto tune o2 sesor to properly read it needs to be closer to the mid pipe.

i sent you a pm asking some info that i may be able to help with..

the auto tune fuctions pretty good and improves drivabality but i have seen maximum gains for power doing a custom map on the dyno.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement