Bike stuttering! :( - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Exhaust and Fuel Delivery

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekespeed View Post
Did you fix the problem?
The bike is still at the BMW dealer (for 3 days and counting)
The mechanic is still convinced that the registration key for the exhaust is the problem, but he keeps looking for something that's broken.
Could a PCV replace this key? Because that is half the price (550$ vs 250$

I still find it weird that multiple users on this forum have a full system without the key and don't have any problem.

Last edited by KaoZ; 11-22-2012 at 01:44 PM.
KaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Sorry i dont mean to thread jack but i was very interested in buying a s1000rr 13 or the Hp4 version but it seems that alot of things needs to be replaced or added if one decides to do some minor modifications to the bike. I'm not a s1000rr owner yet so what is this key that might be needed for the bike.
erion racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

You don't need the key, you need another dealer. Ask them to try running it with the O2 sensors disconnected. Then figure out which one is bad, replace it and you're back on the road. The "key" they are talking about is for the full race ECU system, and it won't even work on your ECU if you're in the USA, you also need the "race" ECU. Your proof is that it was running fine before "something" happened.
skapan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

Garage

Just got the bike back.
The problem was that there was some oil/fuel on one of the spark plugs.

He also test drove it, and he felt little power under 5k rpm. And I can agree with him on that. Maybe it's time to invest in a PCV / Bazzaz / Rapidbike?
KaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement