fitted the austin racing inconel system - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Exhaust and Fuel Delivery

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default fitted the austin racing inconel system

fitted the AR inconel system with the gp2 titanium end can and fatty link pipe,sounds amazing,will fit the gp3 tail pipe in a week or two to hear/feel the difference...???

Bmw s1000rr - YouTube
2011 motor sport s1krr,puig dark screen,watson flush turn signals,hp levers,hp rearsets,pcv,k&n race filter with custom map,austin racing gp2 inconel and titanium exhaust system,sharkskinz belly pan and stock panels custom painted,r&g crash protection,gb racing engine covers,factory pro detent spring,symmetrical smoked headlight covers,pro suspension set up and one crazy rider..!!!!
BUZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very very nice...
You will never be arrested #58
DrIoannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

Congrats on the system!

Quick question, hopefully can be answered. I have a full SS GP3 and considering a full inconel GP3 in the future. Anyone know the weight savings between two GP3 systems (SS vs. Inconel), or any other major reason to upgrade?
Kacolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Inconell is alot lighter and better at heat reduction thats all i know,you be better off asking NERO who runs austin racing he is a forum member on here....
2011 motor sport s1krr,puig dark screen,watson flush turn signals,hp levers,hp rearsets,pcv,k&n race filter with custom map,austin racing gp2 inconel and titanium exhaust system,sharkskinz belly pan and stock panels custom painted,r&g crash protection,gb racing engine covers,factory pro detent spring,symmetrical smoked headlight covers,pro suspension set up and one crazy rider..!!!!
BUZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

I'll ask him eventually if nobody can provide specifics, he's a busy guy I imagine, and figured I'd try the forum first

On the other hand. Have you noticed heat reduction on the pipe itself BUZZ? I thought Inconel was suppose to run hotter so hot gases would better flow out of the headers, etc., in turn, reducing engine heat (or at least that's how I interpreted the AR site).

IMO I think the GP3 will give a little more grunt cause it's less pipe...but I'll be interested to see. Are you going to throw up another vid with the GP3 for our eyes and ears?

Last edited by Kacolorado; 11-01-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Kacolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

inconel....fun stuff I run into machining it every so often.

system looks and sounds great!
luckyrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Actually as per the info I have the SS and the inconel system weigh the same - from austin racing. Inconel holds heat very well - so the hot gases in the exhaust get dissipated faster - leading to increased exhaust efficiency.

But the spec/shape of the headers/midpipe/can is all the same. In effect if you were to ceramic coat the SS - it may perform the same as inconel - if you already have a SS system.

If youre buying first time - i would go for Inconel - which is what I did.
varunrajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Neo

Looking good Buzz!

The Inconel GP3 system weighs 2.1 kg
Stainless weighs 3.1 kg

Inconel retains the heat thus helping to get rid of the gasses faster. The clever thing is that although the running temperature of Inconel is considerably higher than stainless the ambient temperature is lower and Inconel cools down very fast once the engine is stopped. Those properties will hopefully help the heat issues on the 1199!

In tests with the GP3 and GP2 systems we have found very little between them in torque and power figures. GP3 systems are 1kg lighter due to less pipework.

The fastbikes test bike has now run both and they found no noticeable difference in power.

Check out the New GP2R systems. Shorter cans, look great!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
JG1

Wow that gp2r looks great.
JG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacolorado View Post
Congrats on the system!

Quick question, hopefully can be answered. I have a full SS GP3 and considering a full inconel GP3 in the future. Anyone know the weight savings between two GP3 systems (SS vs. Inconel), or any other major reason to upgrade?
Inconel is lighter and stronger than even titantium and can operate better in high heat environments. FYI it is used for exhaust systems in F1 and nascar and in the aerospace industry.
Red and Alpine White 2012 S1000RR, Austin Racing Full Inconel GP2R exhaust with titanium can, PCV with dyno tune by WSB tuner, AR CF Satin Belly Pan, R&G Racing side covers and wheel sliders and License plate relocation kit with rear light internal LED blinkers and brake lights.
usrodeo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement