S1000RR - My journey flash tuning the stock DME - Page 12 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Exhaust and Fuel Delivery

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren RR View Post
We have had the ability to tune any ECU someone sends in - in a turn around from 2 days when it shows up since the first week. That's nothing new. Getting end user handhelds shipped to the customer so they can do it at home is another story.

The guy you speak of in CA sells a canned flash from Pasini in Europe, has been for a while.
How can we get in touch with you about sending our ECU to you for a reflash? You message box seems to be full. Do you have an email address I could try?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #112 (permalink)

Brenn have you gotten the maps from the HP Race ECU?
M GmbH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #113 (permalink)

Bren,
Since you can see the coding ...is there any changes in the Primary and Secondary plate opening between Race and Slick mode? I know this has been a topic quite often on which is "faster" accelerating. I figure with your skill...you could look to see which if any opens faster allowing faster acceleration.

Thanks,
Mike
MikePeavler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #114 (permalink)
Vendor

We have dedicated this Saturday to HP4 DME development with this ECU we have here and start defining the maps from here.
bren RR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #115 (permalink)
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePeavler View Post
Bren,
Since you can see the coding ...is there any changes in the Primary and Secondary plate opening between Race and Slick mode? I know this has been a topic quite often on which is "faster" accelerating. I figure with your skill...you could look to see which if any opens faster allowing faster acceleration.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

IIRC, there indeed is a little difference in the RT and throttle opening, how it translates to acceleration would be minimal in the lower RPMs only.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #116 (permalink)

How can we reach you to discuss sending our ECU to you for the reflash?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 01-17-2013, 04:16 AM   #117 (permalink)

There are a lot of riders like me who have the stock bike, who would want to have their bike running closer to it's potential, withOUT PC-5's and full exhaust systems etc.
Don't forget the little guy, who just wants more from his stock bike...even if the settings might be more conservative, given the stock bike.

Mine's a 2012.

I spent nearly a grand on the idiot PC-5 and dyno's etc, and it never ran well despite several more dyno's.
Ended up telling them to zero the PC-5 out and I'll stick with the stock. All that money and bullsh!tting around for a 5hp gain. A total waist of money and energy.
It was my previous bike. And why my bike is gonna stay stock.

Anyway...just sayin'..

It's a good project, and if you can come up with a relatively simple method of 'flash and ride', for the non-technically minded, such as me, I'll be lining up. :-)

Thanks for your efforts.
jgm-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #118 (permalink)

Were you the guys doing the flashes for Soft-Tek?
Routybouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #119 (permalink)
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgm-57 View Post
There are a lot of riders like me who have the stock bike, who would want to have their bike running closer to it's potential, withOUT PC-5's and full exhaust systems etc.
Don't forget the little guy, who just wants more from his stock bike...even if the settings might be more conservative, given the stock bike.

Mine's a 2012.

I spent nearly a grand on the idiot PC-5 and dyno's etc, and it never ran well despite several more dyno's.
Ended up telling them to zero the PC-5 out and I'll stick with the stock. All that money and bullsh!tting around for a 5hp gain. A total waist of money and energy.
It was my previous bike. And why my bike is gonna stay stock.

Anyway...just sayin'..

It's a good project, and if you can come up with a relatively simple method of 'flash and ride', for the non-technically minded, such as me, I'll be lining up. :-)

Thanks for your efforts.
We will be focusing more on you as a type of customer with our flashes, not a full on drag bike
Old 01-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #120 (permalink)
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routybouty View Post
Were you the guys doing the flashes for Soft-Tek?
Not at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement