S1000RR - My journey flash tuning the stock DME - Page 12 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 254 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Senior Member
 
JBuchanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sigonella, Italy
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren RR View Post
We have had the ability to tune any ECU someone sends in - in a turn around from 2 days when it shows up since the first week. That's nothing new. Getting end user handhelds shipped to the customer so they can do it at home is another story.

The guy you speak of in CA sells a canned flash from Pasini in Europe, has been for a while.
How can we get in touch with you about sending our ECU to you for a reflash? You message box seems to be full. Do you have an email address I could try?


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Jay Buchanan
JBuchanan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #112 of 254 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Senior Member

 
M GmbH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DAYTON, OH
Posts: 911
Brenn have you gotten the maps from the HP Race ECU?
M GmbH is online now  
post #113 of 254 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anderson, Indiana
Posts: 468
Bren,
Since you can see the coding ...is there any changes in the Primary and Secondary plate opening between Race and Slick mode? I know this has been a topic quite often on which is "faster" accelerating. I figure with your skill...you could look to see which if any opens faster allowing faster acceleration.

Thanks,
Mike
MikePeavler is offline  
post #114 of 254 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Vendor
 
bren RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 645
We have dedicated this Saturday to HP4 DME development with this ECU we have here and start defining the maps from here.
bren RR is online now  
post #115 of 254 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Vendor
 
bren RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePeavler View Post
Bren,
Since you can see the coding ...is there any changes in the Primary and Secondary plate opening between Race and Slick mode? I know this has been a topic quite often on which is "faster" accelerating. I figure with your skill...you could look to see which if any opens faster allowing faster acceleration.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

IIRC, there indeed is a little difference in the RT and throttle opening, how it translates to acceleration would be minimal in the lower RPMs only.
bren RR is online now  
post #116 of 254 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Senior Member
 
JBuchanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sigonella, Italy
Posts: 455
How can we reach you to discuss sending our ECU to you for the reflash?


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Jay Buchanan
JBuchanan is offline  
post #117 of 254 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 04:16 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 18
There are a lot of riders like me who have the stock bike, who would want to have their bike running closer to it's potential, withOUT PC-5's and full exhaust systems etc.
Don't forget the little guy, who just wants more from his stock bike...even if the settings might be more conservative, given the stock bike.

Mine's a 2012.

I spent nearly a grand on the idiot PC-5 and dyno's etc, and it never ran well despite several more dyno's.
Ended up telling them to zero the PC-5 out and I'll stick with the stock. All that money and bullsh!tting around for a 5hp gain. A total waist of money and energy.
It was my previous bike. And why my bike is gonna stay stock.

Anyway...just sayin'..

It's a good project, and if you can come up with a relatively simple method of 'flash and ride', for the non-technically minded, such as me, I'll be lining up. :-)

Thanks for your efforts.
jgm-57 is offline  
post #118 of 254 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 244
Were you the guys doing the flashes for Soft-Tek?
Routybouty is offline  
post #119 of 254 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Vendor
 
bren RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgm-57 View Post
There are a lot of riders like me who have the stock bike, who would want to have their bike running closer to it's potential, withOUT PC-5's and full exhaust systems etc.
Don't forget the little guy, who just wants more from his stock bike...even if the settings might be more conservative, given the stock bike.

Mine's a 2012.

I spent nearly a grand on the idiot PC-5 and dyno's etc, and it never ran well despite several more dyno's.
Ended up telling them to zero the PC-5 out and I'll stick with the stock. All that money and bullsh!tting around for a 5hp gain. A total waist of money and energy.
It was my previous bike. And why my bike is gonna stay stock.

Anyway...just sayin'..

It's a good project, and if you can come up with a relatively simple method of 'flash and ride', for the non-technically minded, such as me, I'll be lining up. :-)

Thanks for your efforts.
We will be focusing more on you as a type of customer with our flashes, not a full on drag bike
bren RR is online now  
post #120 of 254 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Vendor
 
bren RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Routybouty View Post
Were you the guys doing the flashes for Soft-Tek?
Not at the moment.
bren RR is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome