S1000RR - My journey flash tuning the stock DME - Page 11 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Exhaust and Fuel Delivery

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren RR View Post
We are doing this as a side project, it is one of the 20 projects we handle here at a given time. I have many many posts here with updated progress - if there is none it is because we are still in the midst of a project stage.

Winter time and european vacation really do put a damper on 2 wheeled testing. We do however have an HP4 ecu here courtesy of Rush for testing or development and we are waiting on a final fix for the handheld unit. If you know someone completing a full ECU decrypt, flash tune handheld, dyno testing/tuning on the S1000RR faster then us, let us know Our next step once the handheld is completed is to get a few beta testers, we will make that announcement when ready.
Interesting Bren you bring that up, I have had my ECU with the guy tuning mine since October... (In San Diego, there is no riding season, except when it rains I guess...) But mine should be on the way back soon.

Cant wait to hear the results that you come up with on this...
12S10004ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #102 (permalink)
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12S10004ME View Post
Interesting Bren you bring that up, I have had my ECU with the guy tuning mine since October... (In San Diego, there is no riding season, except when it rains I guess...) But mine should be on the way back soon.

Cant wait to hear the results that you come up with on this...
We have had the ability to tune any ECU someone sends in - in a turn around from 2 days when it shows up since the first week. That's nothing new. Getting end user handhelds shipped to the customer so they can do it at home is another story.

The guy you speak of in CA sells a canned flash from Pasini in Europe, has been for a while.
bren RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #103 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Very interest is this. When can we send our ECU in for an update flash? your PM box is full.
yangins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #104 (permalink)
Vendor

We will make an announcement when ready.
bren RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren RR View Post
We have had the ability to tune any ECU someone sends in - in a turn around from 2 days when it shows up since the first week. That's nothing new. Getting end user handhelds shipped to the customer so they can do it at home is another story.

The guy you speak of in CA sells a canned flash from Pasini in Europe, has been for a while.
Yeah, my ECU is in New York with "Rapid Bike USA" Hoping that it is done soon.
12S10004ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #106 (permalink)

Right now, one place in CA, and 2 places in NY are already offering the flash looks like. Just trying to keep a track.
varunrajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #107 (permalink)

Garage

Let me know if you need any testers, not looking for a handout, but willing to provide feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Detlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #108 (permalink)
d40

Agreed, it's getting crazy trying to keep up. What do we have so far? Bren's upcoming tune, Max BMW, ECU Unleashed, the "guy" in California, Rapid Bike, and not to mention the one company in the UK that was advertising a tune on the forum for a short while that never panned out. In actuality, we don't have anything because nobody has reported any real world feedback or hard numbers so that we can make an intelligent decision (though Max BMW has a raggedy and barely legible dyno chart).

There are already a couple of posts on the forum with people who have sent their ECUs off to various places, one seems to have had good results, and the other got a jacked up ECU back. This is still in its infancy by non BMW entities, I'll wait for a few guinea pigs to try out the various aftermarket tunes before I jump. Of course the HP Race ECU tune is still a guaranteed option but I'm not impressed with its gains, nor Max BMWs for that matter. Bren has promised a vastly superior tune, so we shall see...

Last edited by d40; 01-07-2013 at 09:51 PM.
d40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #109 (permalink)

I'm waiting until someone sells a DIY serial cable kit before I believe it.
dattaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattaway View Post
I'm waiting until someone sells a DIY serial cable kit before I believe it.

I believe that is what is for this topic.
You will never be arrested #58
DrIoannis is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement