Which Full Exhaust makes the most Power? - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Exhaust and Fuel Delivery

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which Full Exhaust makes the most Power?

So like a lot of the other threads started on this forum hopefully mine is different. I would like to find a "deeper" sounding full system for my bike. But most of all which one makes the most power on the dyno?
PredatorSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

You will get all kinds of claims to the best power on the dyno. It is hard to say, even looking at dyno sheets dont tell you much because it is a different bike at a different dyno with lots of variables. I like the Brocks for a deeper sound and good power increase.... Also the Austin Racing has a nice deep sound I hear and good power increase. Arrow is another one that comes up often. Only one I have experience with right now is Brocks but I am trying to find a way to get my hands on an Austin Racing GP3.
DemonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to jwxfd

I've read the Akra long can full system has the best power gains....
jwxfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxfd View Post
I've read the Akra long can full system has the best power gains....
I have also read this several times.
newt117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

I can tell you that Keith Code's California Superbike School uses the Graves exhaust on their school bikes. He seems to think they're pretty good!

S1000RR Graves Exhaust - YouTube
Gravesport.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

For the deepest toned soul stirring sweetest sound with best looks,none of the systems match the Taylormade,but it sure doesn't give you the best performance output,nonetheless a significant mid range improvement though.
For a reasonably deep and loud sweet tone plus max power output,you should be looking at the Akrapovic Race Shorty IMHO.

http://

Last edited by jonwil; 07-25-2012 at 12:20 PM.
jonwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Best power

Just my opinion, because its hard to sort through the bullshit marketing claims i just referr to what the racers are using. Here in the uk in the bsb they are using Arrow full ti systems so they must be good right ? I know there are sponsers and that's probably why the world super bikes use akrapovic systems. The truest indicator i believe is to see what the independant and the super stockers are using and it's arrow. I have also spoken to an independant racer who says the arrow full works ti gives the best power. Even if hes wrong it must be right up there .
Toe cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonDuck View Post
You will get all kinds of claims to the best power on the dyno. It is hard to say, even looking at dyno sheets dont tell you much because it is a different bike at a different dyno with lots of variables. I like the Brocks for a deeper sound and good power increase.... Also the Austin Racing has a nice deep sound I hear and good power increase. Arrow is another one that comes up often. Only one I have experience with right now is Brocks but I am trying to find a way to get my hands on an Austin Racing GP3.
What brock Pipe do you have? Do you like it?
carden260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carden260 View Post
What brock Pipe do you have? Do you like it?
I have the Alienhead black. I like it alot. It sounds good, very loud but kinda deep (not as deep as the M4's on my ZX14 but that was dual exhaust and a 14), and at high rev it sounds awesome especially when WOT shifting. It may or may not give great power. I haven't put it on a Dyno yet. The support with maps and such is really good. I filled out the form and had 3 maps sent to my email the next day. One for street, one for track, and one hybrid. The system is full SS but the whole thing is ceramic coated black so it looks great with the red bike blending with all the black at the bottom.
DemonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Neo

Our full Inconel system in GP3 or long exit pipe makes the best power in tests on the BSB dyno vs the Arrow and Akra systems. We hit 201BHP on Joe Burns superstock bike.
In the UK race bikes use Arrow and Akra as they are either free or heavily discounted to racers and teams. As a small company we are not able to do this.

At this time Jon Railtons ZX10 superstock bike with our Gp3 system makes the best power and consistently fastest speed trap speed's at the Uk meetings.

We are always happy to head to head test if any owners dispute any of the above info.
Advertisement