Which Full Exhaust makes the most Power? - Page 6 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > Exhaust and Fuel Delivery

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #51 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe cutter View Post
Looks good, are you going to source an infill for the belly pan or are you going the full carbon belly pan route ?
Full carbon w/out a dought
TexRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #52 (permalink)
Neo

When mapping on the dyno the primaries regularly glow red hot.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #53 (permalink)

Default Full Arrow works titanium exhaust

For those interested i just got my bike back tonight after having the new exhaust fitted, pcv, SFM, MWR air filter and dyno tuned. I had it dynoed stock before fitting the mods and having it mapped so you can all see the difference. I have attached a pic of the dyno chart.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img055.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	9611  

2012 s1000rr
2010 cbr1000rr
2005 gsxr1000 (track bike)
2007 Harley davidson heritage custom
2002 kx250

Last edited by Toe cutter; 08-10-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Toe cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #54 (permalink)

Default sorry here it is the right way up

Dyno chart the right way up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img055 (2).jpg
Views:	609
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	9612  

2012 s1000rr
2010 cbr1000rr
2005 gsxr1000 (track bike)
2007 Harley davidson heritage custom
2002 kx250
Toe cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #55 (permalink)

I agree. I'd be picking up an Austin Racing full system if the exchange rates didn't put the system at $2k for the cheaper full system. I'll be going with Arrow since it's about $700 less for a full system. That's a big difference even if there is 1-2 HP left on the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeJaywalker View Post
I've done a ton a research on this subject, and I don't want anything other than the Austin Racing full system with the v2 can. I just have to save the money to be able to afford it, lol! It looks bad as hell, and don't get me started on the sound...smh! Hearing it gives me chills like no other! I look at the fly by video on youtube at least 10 times a day!
snorkelface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I think the Kyle full ti system is as strong if not stronger at the top end than just about any of the others, he has a few dyno curves for comparison with the Akro long and short systems. When I was looking for a system I talked to a lot of dyno operators, and it kept coming back to the fact that the shorter systems were LOUD. OK, so is a long system without the dB killer that much quieter? Apparently yes, as nobody has been accused of a too loud exhaust, even without the dB killer on a long system either on the street or the track in our locality. Short systems even with the killer in are upsetting the authorities. This makes sense, as the length and the ID of the intermediate pipe makes for a much larger volume in front of the muffler, and the muffler itself is much larger. So you can have your midrange power (greater length, better reversion at lower revs) and not be too loud. I would have loved a short Arrow system, but everyone said it was loud, lucky for me I went for a long system, and afterwards heard the short system, boy was I glad I chose the longer (quieter) system. YMMV of course, none of these will work very well without a PCV and a good map.
skapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe cutter View Post
Dyno chart the right way up
Thats the best looking overall dyno chart I've seen for this bike. No low end loss with steady gains everywhere.

"I have no idea. How fast was I going?"
Jagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #58 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

A good 15 hp around 5k, mine worked out very similar to this, and the engine is a lot smoother than stock. Who cares top end, the midrange is where it's at.
skapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #59 (permalink)

I think two brother racing exhaust sound nice!
Dflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #60 (permalink)

I think you should go for looks and sound and a remap.

You will hardly be able to take advantage of that remaining 3BHP.

I also think there should be a separate forum for vendors to tout their wares.
The rest of us are talking about our own bikes and what we can do with them, and unless I am very much mistaken we make our own minds up after discussion with like minded individuals.

I am annoyed by the fact that almost any exhaust thread is getting hijacked by a vendor shouting "[B]ME ME ME ME ME. BUY MY SYSTEM IT'S THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!"[B]
jovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement