Project SC too loud ? - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Question Project SC too loud ?

Hi Exhaust maniacs,

so I thought: Hah let's make my 2015 S1000RR sound a bit more like a race bike and give it an CRT Project SC exhaust ..

So the short pipe arrived .. I mounted it and OMFG that thing is loud ! Actually so loud that riding in the city today without Earplugs made my brain hurt and my ears are still ringing. The pops and crackles that bike does are now small detonations and explosions. So now I feel quite self conscience ... it sounds amazing, but it is a bit anti social how loud it is. It has no baffle or anything that would make it quite in it.

It's not my city bike, but still how loud is too loud ?

Any advise ?

2015 BMW S1000RR
2007 Ducati S2R 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 01:58 AM
sro

It's too loud if you feel uncomfortable riding it.
post #3 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 05:06 AM
z00

Keep stock can handy for those fix it tickets.

I got Racefit slipon, I will be receiving it in few days. Hopefully it's not as loud as sc project can.

You always want to wear ear plugs anyway, it's the wind not the exhaust sound that will damage your hearing. Don't be that guy who listens to music and rides.
Colers likes this.

post #4 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 06:09 AM

Might be to loud, pre pare for some tickets.
post #5 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 07:16 AM

I knew my pipe was too loud when kids would cringe and stick their fingers in their ears. And they were inside a car with the windows closed. Sounds like you are in the same boat.
post #6 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 08:41 AM
van

Garage
Can you download a free iPhone or Android dB meter app and post the results? I would be curious to know how it compares with the Termignoni and Akrapovic on the Panigale. They are around 110 dB w/out the killers compared with the Yoshi R-55 on my RR at approx. 103 dB.

I knew the SC Project exhaust was loud, as is the Competition Werks.
paxman and Richard noggin like this.

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, Bonamici Rearsets, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders
post #7 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 10:22 AM

@ paxman i live in SF too and was thinking about getting a project sc exhaust after watching ridingwithtom's video.
Any chance you can show me how loud it is in person or upload a video before I actually purchase the exhaust?
post #8 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreww View Post
@ paxman i live in SF too and was thinking about getting a project sc exhaust after watching ridingwithtom's video.
Any chance you can show me how loud it is in person or upload a video before I actually purchase the exhaust?
I will measure it soon with my phone.

Andreww: I might sell mine. The Exhaust gets a ton of attention. It sounds like a straight up Moto GP bike which is nice, but yes some people will not like it .. it is loud !
van and Andreww like this.

2015 BMW S1000RR
2007 Ducati S2R 1000
post #9 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post
I will measure it soon with my phone.

Andreww: I might sell mine. The Exhaust gets a ton of attention. It sounds like a straight up Moto GP bike which is nice, but yes some people will not like it .. it is loud !
Still debating whether to get a full Akro exhaust for my 15 when it's available or buy the sc project .. Anyways I'll meet you up whenever you're free or back from vacation so I can check that out!
post #10 of 159 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 05:35 PM
z00

I have the racefit slipon, it looks and sounds about the same as SC project. It's loud, a cell phone will not measure it correctly due to its mic dB hardware limits. I would say sc is about 110-115 dBs.

There is another member who posted a video of his racefit, you can hear it well. Expect SC to be a tiny bit louder.
paxman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode