BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2015 s1000rr no baffles

23K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  rightnider 
#1 ·
I have just taken the baffles out of the stock exhaust. They are pressed in. They are a pain to get out. I used two small screw drivers on each side. I used they as mini pry bars over and over and over. Then I used may fingers to wiggly left right up down repeat, until the inset came out.

The sound at idle or nuteral rev is just a touch louder. Tone changes just by a touch. It not heard side by side you would not hear the difference. I only reed to about 4k Tho. Tomorrow once the whiskey wears off I'll do a stock vs no baffles video.

Here are the pics of the stock baffle.

You remove two screws and pry baffle out. I put the two screws back in but you don't have to I guess.

#5 ·
Ok. Im up and hungover (had a great celebration). Now its raining. I will go do a video with and without and post the link here in a bit.

With the baffle in the exhaust is nice. Its deep and rumbles. I am hoping the baffle being out will just add a couple Db. Last night it didnt seem all the different (could have been the makers mark). Ill post in a bit.

#7 ·
In person you can hear a sound change at idle. Just to must sound for my camera phone to pick up. When i rev it i can hear more of a change in sound. Im sure at speed it will make a difference. I dont see making anymore power tho. The baffle is such a tight fit, and short. If it did add power it could only be one or so.

I like my bike to be loud. I know the stupid saying loud pipes save lives and i hate to use it but its true. I also know that your driving style plays a much bigger part in keeping you alive but at times the pipe does help.

So for me the pipe i a touch to quite. It sounds great but is quite. It is louder then other bikes stock exhaust tho.

#10 ·
The perforated pipes in the center seem to be just pressed in. You could take them out but it does not look to be made to come out. If you took the pipes out the material in it would come out. At that point you would have a can but no exhaust.

I can head a louder deeper tone with just the baffle taken out. I would bet under driving conditions the stock exhaust with no baffle would get you by until a nice aftermarket comes out.

Im ok with factory pipe for now as i will be getting the ride alarm system.

BTW 36mpg on the 1st 135 miles. I was on and off the throttle all the time. No crazy revs tho. after a fill up the computer said 125 miles left (to go until empty) Plus you have a res amount.

#11 ·
After reading your post I removed the baffle on my 15. It's definitely louder at speed. Barks and bangs on decel..glorious! Deeper rumble at idle. Amazing sounding stock exhaust. Thinking of painting the entire end cap part of the can black. Pretty bad azz exhaust for a stock bike, huh?

#12 ·
Without a doubt the best stock can ever. I would buy an m4 slip on if they make one just because it would be like 350$. I could not see spending any more then that due to the stock exhaust sounding so good. With the baffles out it gives a bit more sound. Down low in the rpm's the bike has nice pops and tones.

Tomorrow i will try to get a baffle vs no baffle back to back to get a better idea on how much more noise there is.

Super happy with the stock can tho.

#15 ·
I used two small screwdrivers (flat head). One on each side. I just kept working my way around until it came free. I would also stick a finger in each pipe and wiggle in different ways.

I used a bit of a rag in between the can and the screwdrivers as to not damage the exhaust tip.

#20 ·
I've had the baffle out a couple of days now and I gotta say it's making my ears bleed. Not in a bad way though. I can't get over how aggressive this thing sounds. WAY different than my 14 was.

And I haven't even disabled the servo flapper valve just forward of the can yet. Anybody tried this yet?

#22 ·
I removed the baffle on mine tonight - just had it running at idle and a few revs...sounds glorious. I can't wait to hear it tomorrow while out on the street/highway.

Thanks for the screwdriver/rag/pry bar tip Mike.

I had the initial service done today and rode over 250 miles, almost up to 1,000. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed though...the dealership computer was down and as a result my rev-limiter is still in place. Has anyone had theirs removed yet?

#26 ·
I disconnected my servo and wow! It adds so much more depth to the sound. It gives it more sound but a deeper tone. It really sounds mean now. It only effects the low rpm like all other bike exhaust valves do. It makes it sound so nice at idle and just off idle.

The servo is behind a small black plastic housing. It sits just in front of the slip on. I used a flat head to push out the metal clip from the plastic housing. The plastic housing simply lifts off. Be easy with it as it is brittle plastic (i was not-one ear broken-cant see it tho). You then need to take the cable lose from the bracket. To do this you need a small wrench (i didnt look what size sorry). Once the nut on the top side of the bracket is lose the cable can slide off the bracket and you can remove it from the valve wheel. Put the cable housing back on the bracket and replace the nut. Repeat on the second cable. Replace the plastic hoising and metal clip and done. Enjoy

#28 ·
At some point in time i will get some kind of exhaust. At this point i have no clue as to which one i would even start with. I never found a video of a 14- exhaust that i really liked enough to put money down for it besides the M4. Well i didnt get a 14- so thats out the window. I called M4 the other day and they said they have no plans to make a pipe for it at this time. SO now what?

Im back on my idea to get the Hyperflo system for the cbr1000rr and adapt it to the bmw.

Before any money goes to mods i need to get boots and replace my gloves and pants. I will be getting the ride alarm system before any real riding is done. Gotta protect myself and my dream bike right

#32 · (Edited)
BMW offers 3 Akrapovic options

Slip On
https://www.bmwautodalys.lt/en/catalog/parts/77_0730/0/56824/0/0/2014/0

HP Titanium (no power gain, - 3.7kg) https://www.bmwautodalys.lt/en/catalog/parts/77_0711/0/56824/0/0/2014/0

HP Race Titanium (power and torque gains, - 4.8kg)
https://www.bmwautodalys.lt/en/catalog/parts/77_0702/0/56824/0/0/2014/0

These obviously wont affect the warranty, that's important for me.

All the aftermarket accessories available
https://www.bmwautodalys.lt/en/catalog/diagrams/77/0/56824/0/0/2014/0

I've ordered a HP Race Titanium system, not paying that type of money just for looks and sound, want power gain as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.