BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2015 S1000RR Exhaust Options

165K views 388 replies 92 participants last post by  TapeWormInYourGut 
#1 ·
Has anyone received confirmation from a dealer/any info for that matter of a full Akro Titanium system for the '15?

I have seen a few photos of the bike with what looks like exactly the same exhaust as the HP4. That would make sense perhaps just accompanied with a different chip/code for the new bike.

That would mean stock available immediately. Or am I just dreaming?

Can't be seen riding a bike with a stock exhaust in public, I've got a reputation to uphold :p

http://m.autoevolution.com/2015-bmw...povic-muffler-at-eicma-live-photos-88346.html

#2 ·
revzilla has told me:
Akrapovic is no longer offering an Evolution system as a single full exhaust. Instead, they've designed a modular equivalent, meaning the headers and can are available separately. Historically, an Evolution system meant titanium headers with any style can. So now, you'd pair the Akrapovic Exhaust Headers BMW S1000RR 2015 in titanium with the Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust BMW S1000RR 2015.

Both items are expected to be available mid-March.

#3 ·
The 15 still has what looks like a cat on the belly of the bike. The cat then lets out a pipe that the slip on attaches to. The cat lets out a single pipe that points out to the side/back. I dont think 14- pipes will bolt up. I think it will take a 15+ specific pipe. I could be wrong tho.

#4 · (Edited)
Ok my dealer in Cape Town gave me prices of the extras in their system at the moment, tbey are taking orders but can't say when it'll will arrive.

Akrapovic slip-on R12000 = USD 1050 (no chip or code needed)

Akrapovic full titanium system R35000 = USD 3050 (includes chip or codes, I didn't listen)

HP levers R5285 = USD 460

HP rearsets R8500 = USD 740

Pillion seat cover, not sure didn't listen

I ordered a full system, rearsets and levers. I just hope they don't take forever to get into circulation...

Has anyone measured up a 2015 vs 2014 for numberplate bracket? Will the 2014 one fit the 2015?

#18 · (Edited)
#22 ·
It wouldn't require extra wiring as everything is canbus. Hell even the horn exhibits latency being digital and not a discrete.

Could be as simple as swapping the switch cluster. Or possibly programming as well

Throttle meister is just a lock. Junk compared to proper cruise

#23 ·
Throttle meister is nice if you live in flat straight land. I have it on my cbr. It was cery nice on long trips but really on any hill if would just make you mad. Even the smallest hump in the road would change your speed by enough to notice and get on your nerves. The CC option on the 15 is well worth the money. Do it right do it once get the CC

#25 ·
Mate it will be fvcking loud due to the 15's simpler higher flowing primary section. I know, awesome right.

I was looking at the stock system today. It's actually very good. I wouldn't expect any noticeable hp gain going aftermarket. Might even drop power

#33 ·
I have. I also took the baffles out of the bike the day i got it. The baffles add the most sound to the exhaust. You also get some nice pops and crackles low in the rpm with the baffles out. The flapper just opens the exhaust up all the time. The flapper help keep the bike quite until 5k rpm or so. When at idle the sound is much better, deeper and fuller with the flapper off.

#35 ·
The flapper is closed in the low rpm to help the bike pass noise levels and epa crap. Im not sure the rpm that the flap opens but i would guess its around 5-6000rpm.

I was saying that if you take the cables off the flapper the springs will hold it open all the time. If you do that you get a much better exhaust tone while at idle and in the low rpm's. For me i would rather have a better tone while in the low rpm over a hp or two.

#36 ·
Yes they will spring open without cables attached. For me I try to keep noise down but I understand why you'd want to do it for sure. I've considered having my flash disabled it or force them open. I don't look at it as hp loss rather tq/low end grunt loss rather than hp but your point is well taken!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.