BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Drag Build

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Tahoebrian5 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured I'd start a thread and document a few things as I mosey along with this build. Guess I'll fill a little background info on myself and the bike if any are interested.

Me: First street/sport bike that I myself actually own. Riding since I was a kid 50's, 60's, 80's, 125's, 250's. Experience with 600's, 750's, 900's, 1000's, 1100's+. I'm a tinkerer, I like to fiddle with things...ughh, not those kinds of things...:grin2: Computer/Electronic guy but I enjoy a thrill or 2.

Bike: 2010 RR with all the bells and whistles besides the factory alarm. Purchased 2nd hand with 6k on the dash, had all mode/electronic buttons replaced under recall and a full factory servicing during purchase.

Mods so far:

PCV w/AutoTune--had issues with first SFM that I think were caused by a setting in the PC software itself. 2nd SFM on order to test out, should be here this week.

Evil Swingarm-- 8"-14" adjustable w/chain guard. Will be set at 68 over for the track. Our "grudge" races start at 69" and over and I don't want to do grudge just yet.

DanMoto Cat Delete-- w/ stock headers. This build will be simple budget is on the low end, besides, I love the sound and look of the stock can w/o the CAT and it shaved a few lbs. so it's still a benefit to me. I just couldn't justify $1000+ for an exhaust, not yet anyway.

Lowering Link-- not lowered in the pic though.

Pair Valve plugged

IAT-- sensor relocated

Vortex sprockets-- front and rear

Cox Racing--Oil and Radiator guards in red

Brocks Heavy Duty Clutch Kit--haven't installed yet, I actually kinda like the stock clutch as/is.

Fells like I'm forgetting something:confused:

Yet to buy:

Shinko Hook-up

Lowering strap

BrenTune DIY Flash

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.