BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Front Straps and DDC??

8K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN 
#1 ·
I can't seem to find any info on running drag straps with DDC on my 2016 Premium only info for strapping the bike down for transport.

Has anyone used front straps while riding a new S1K with DDC? Any tips or issues?

Thanks!

#10 ·
It seems to me that you found the perfect use for your new bike here:

http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/1604905-post1.html

I would forget the straps and use the drag strip (unstrapped) to practice your starts for when you decide to road race. :wink2:

If drag racing was your primary interest, @the_gooch was right.

#12 ·
What he said ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Which discipline interests you more?

If it's hitting an apex, straps are of no use. If it's dragracing, should have gone with conventional suspension. Straps, in my not so humble opinion, are a crutch, and is prohibitive to actually learning how to launch properly. I've never done it, and still can't show what a great launch is to someone else.
:nerd:

#17 ·
Correct I strap before I I race and once all done before I turn the bike off I release the front with a push of the button on the straps n back to stock i have not had a issue yet. Form what I understand the rear has the level sensor if u lower or mess with the back height It will throw ddc error message from what I heard.

#19 ·
Yea my buddy had been running his for a few thousand miles just using it for passes down the dragstrip. He has not had any issues which is what led me to give it a shot. I agree that it may work against it but for the short passes we have not had issues yet as for long term I will keep u updated.

#20 ·
One big word: Just be careful when lowering the rear of a bike which has a DDC suspension. We lowered an HP4 to nearly the max possible to be drag tested but forgot to change the setting of the suspension to be soft and within riding it slowly for around less than 10 min the rear shock broke from the joint :serious: We then put a normal shock in place and tested the bike, it managed 8.6s with a worn clutch.
We also lowered the bike from the front from the forks and using a front strap and didn't have any problem but because the rear DDC wasn't working, a warning DDC sign was showing on the dash all the time and we couldn't see the temp of the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.