BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1/4 Mile on 2015 S1000RR

22K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  pharaoh319 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I want to know if anyone of you have tried 1/4mile on new S1000RR, time, speed and mods ??

Yesterday I tried for first time and the best was 9.923 sec with full stock bike even the exhaust was stock only bufle removed.

Usama

#3 · (Edited)
I did a few months back, before my twistgrip broke.

No launch control, 10.25 best et, and separately my best terminal speed, same night, 154.9 mph.

My bike is stock height/wheelbase/ride height, with the OEM Db insert removed.
I weighed 255 lbs with full gear on.

That's a very respectable E.T., few questions....

how much do you weigh?
what were the atmospheric conditions?
elevation of track in relation to sea level?

Thanks, I think I posted my tickets here if you search my posts. The track with my best ET was under 100 feet.

#19 ·
650ib's worst nightmare. Transamguy73's bike is insane up top with the MR12.
Oh man, 650ib, what a complete friggin' tool that clown is! LOLZ What's more embarassing, is that I recognize a lot of the places in his footage, especially the Quaker Steak & Lube in Independence. They always had really big bike nights there. Mostly nothing but Hardley-Ableson wanna-be 2%'er/Billy-Badasses and stunter clowns there, and in the rest of the cleveland area for that matter. I never did find anyone there that could actually ride for sh!t in the 12 miserable years I lived there, so I always ended up going down south to ride the back roads solo.

The T/Aguy's bike seems pretty quick though!

#8 · (Edited)
Montgomery.....Alabama? Stock arm at the time of video, just front strapped down, and 1 tooth smaller on countershaft?

EDIT: I couldn't make it out on my phone, I see it's Alabama.
Shows 384' elevation, Maryland Int'l Raceway is 80', sort of negligible difference. Damn....all things being equal, my skills not improving, but dropping 80 lbs of lard, I conceivably could be down in the 9's rather easily right along side him.

Unreal, with a 3 year warranty, no less, and for under $20,000 USD!

#9 ·
Last week my friend managed 9.4s on 2015 S1000RR with Akra slip on and front strap.

#10 ·
@Fabba

how much do you weigh? My weight is 68KGS
what were the atmospheric conditions? it was hot & humidt weather 38C and 65%
elevation of track in relation to sea level? we are in qatar, its a counry like a island. very near to sea.

Slick mode, traction off. without front strap.

I will try this week with front strap. will post my ticket as well.

Usama

#12 · (Edited)
@Fabba
how much do you weigh? My weight is 68KGS
what were the atmospheric conditions? it was hot & humidt weather 38C and 65%
elevation of track in relation to sea level? we are in qatar, its a counry like a island. very near to sea.
Usama
In April I was 237 lbs fully suited, and ran 10.3, but in June I was back up to 255 lbs but ran 10.25 in blistering heat.

I always run without strap, stock wheelbase, ride height, gearing, stock exhaust, and about 32-34psi in rear.
Have given up on launch control too. Imo, it completely sucks, for a quick launch.

I have yet to disable DTC, and am convinced when I do, that by itself will shave .1 or .15 off ET, if all other aspects remain the same.

As the miles pile up on the bike, it gets stronger and stronger. If I had the lower bodyweight and milder temperature the night I ran 10.25 compared to when I went 10.3 at a different track a couple months prior, I'm sure I would have banked my first 9 second run.
Most likely won't be back to the quarter mile before next March or April 2016, need new bodywork, to maintain consistency, had a little ejection about a month ago, at a road course trackday, and have been running the bike sans front bodywork ever since. Link to post with timeslips pics.....

http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/b...et-2-new-personal-bests-dragstrip-friday.html

#15 ·
@BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN

Do Akra slipon have impact on power ?? gain or reduced ??

Usama
The bike gained around 4-5hp with Akra exhaust with good pump gas fuel

With a poor pump gas fuel and with the Akra it didn't gain anything

#21 ·
These numbers, and the 9.9-sh numbers from the 2014 HP4 make me wonder how in the hell these test magazines could only do, like, 10.2's. I'm thinking with a little time to figure out how to launch the thing, they should be in the 9.9's, a lot faster than the whiz-bang R1. Interesting....

#22 ·
We have tried S1000RR 2014 Arrows full-system with front strip, the timing coming 9.7, we did around 10 rounds at track. dont believe on these magazine numbers. i think they dont know how to ride this beast.

#27 ·
My friend on Stock 2014 BMW S1000RR achieved a record 9.774s, @244.79km/h (152MPH) on Bahrain's International Circuit drag strip, stock height, no front strap, pump gas, no mods, only anAkra slip which doesn't improve performance.

Check out the video of it below:

#29 ·
Fabba

Just FYI, if your dealer is aware you have used your bike "in a timed racing event" your warranty is VOID. And yes I have checked with BMW Customer realtions, they told me its in the warranty booklet.

#31 ·
Just FYI, if your dealer is aware you have used your bike "in a timed racing event" your warranty is VOID. And yes I have checked with BMW Customer realtions, they told me its in the warranty booklet.
lol, one track racing day would stress the engine 100 times more than a whole drag night event :grin2: u r just full throttle for around 10s and that's it.

Our local dealer is ok with drag or track racing as long as u don't play with the tune of the engine or install an exhaust other than Akra.

#30 ·
Whew! I'm glad they don't time track days!

In all seriousness, that's dumb. I could make 100 passes down the drag strip and be just fine. Or do a 10 minute long burnout in the parking lot and blow my motor... But my warranty is void because my passes down the drag strip had a clock running?

Dumb. Do they time salt flats runs to get speed or is it with a radar gun?

#35 ·
It's timed over a known, calibrated distance, radar guns are nowhere near accurate enough for these events.

#32 ·
#37 ·
Cozmo

Your question about timing on the Salt, the short answer is light beams. These give speeds at many different points along the course, top speed is usually measured ( for 132 ft ) at the end of 5 or 6 miles depending on the condition of the Salt. No radar guns !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.