BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Harris Hill Raceway in San Marcos, TX?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Homyality 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm in Austin, TX and am considering joining Harris Hill Raceway down in San Marcos. I was wondering if you, or any of your friends/riding acquaintances have ever ridden that track. I'm curious to know how it is surface wise, as well as the overall atmosphere. I'm not a scene guy, nor am I some uppity snob, just a 48 year old enthusiast who's getting tired of Prius', gravel, deer, and minivans.

Thanks in advance for your time

Andy

#4 ·
I have heard it was bumpy in places too, though I don't know if it's something they've fixed. I'll be looking into the try before you buy option I think.

#6 ·
Will do, but honestly, it may be a while between 2 businesses and 2 young kids.

#8 ·
I've not been to any of the tracks. I didn't realize TWS was bad too. I've heard HHR was bumpy in spots and "cliquey", but you don't really know unless you try it. I'm not a scene guy, so that would be unappealing at 48 years old ;)

The R3 would be fun at almost any track I would guess!

#9 ·
Oh yeah, TWS is rough. Like, I wasn't confident enough to give it full throttle out of some turns bad. Some more experienced riders than myself will still push it, but not me.

And yeah, same thing for the car clubs out there. It's the same 20 or 30 people constantly out at the track. But a lot of those people have great skills because they actually put in tons of track time and focus on getting better, not just having fun. Tons of CMRA racers etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.