BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Lunch Break Run

5K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  smash adams 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: This should be better than the earlier video

#2 · (Edited)
I hope you ride on a 650 better than you ride a RR. >:)

You don't have rev limiter removed yet? Or are you like folks in < 9k RPM club who set their shifting light to 9kRPM? lol

One more video like this and I'm sure @bennymx is gonna permanently ban you.

#4 ·
RTFM lol

It's under setup menu. You will see option for shift light. While at it, enable your bank angle, DTC, and ABS. So your dashboard can look way cooler.
When you hit 60+ degree lean angles, 12 bars on ABS graph, 70% DTC in race mode, take a screenshot :grin2:

Reactions: ///MCoupe
#11 ·
:grin2: LOL that could be the next video

Is that your beloved Marsh Creek Rd? If it is they spent some serious money repaving since I was on it last. :surprise:
Yep it is, they repaved it a week or two before I got the BMW. I was going to ride it on the test ride but there was still chip seal and gravel all over the place. Now it's wonderful>:)

Noting all comments I still +1 and commented the Youtube page bcuz any video at work is an OK video.
(lol@z00)
Haha thanks, the next one should be better with the clear windscreen.

Have you guys seen Jorge Lorenzo ride? His style is very smooth and fluid and it looks like he is going 80mph when he is really going 120mph+

Just sayin'

#20 ·
WTF man, passing on double yellow and without doing wheelies. Still disappointed. Not allowed in >10k RPM club. You're like SRO and other members, keeping it below 9k RPM. You know what club you belong to :grin2:

#26 ·
I saw the RPMs go to 12k once, you're getting better. But you gotta man up and stop being in sport mode haha :x

If you only had few thousand miles on your 15 RR, how come you were doing 18k service on it so early?

Reactions: smash adams
#28 ·
Everyone's a critic. How about some constructive and friendly advice instead.

1. Public roads. Beyond the legal implications riding aggressively on the street has some pretty major consequences. Public roads are covered with crap from barely running cars leaking all over them. Oil, coolant and A/C evap. Not only are there lots of risks since all the corners are different you aren't really improving your skill set much.

2. Throttle Control. Constantly on and off the gas. Quite aggressively too. With the reduced grip you get on public roads one of those throttle on/off's could surprise you one day. Additionally the chop and stab technique is costly to overall speed with engine braking and the time it takes to spool the engine back up. Smooth is fast they say.

3. Why do you care what we think? We are all just a bunch of idiots on the internet. Very few of us can ride worth a crap. (myself included in that BTW) If you are going to put yourself at risk at least do it for something worthwhile. Have you considered racing or a controlled environment like track days? There aren't any trophies at track days but it's a lot of fun and you don't have to watch for the cops. :)

Hope this helps. Have fun out there and stay safe.

#29 ·
I guess I'm going to demonstrate what an old fart I've become. Frankly I was appalled by the video(s).

1. Coming so close to cager traffic in such an aggressive manner. Even if it's only panic on the part of the car driver, keep on riding like that and it's only a matter of time until a car pulls into you at that speed (not to mention someone who might do it purposely).
2. Don't get me wrong, I like to ride fast on the street as well, but around all those cars and that run didn't appear to have any corners worth mentioning. High speed bends maybe. Just doesn't seem worth the risk to me.
3. I think riding like that and scaring car drivers just makes it worse for all of us sport bike riders. Car drivers hate us enough already.

There. Told you I'm an old fart.

#30 ·
I have given up being critical of people's life choices. There's all sorts of things we can't possibly understand that makes decisions attractive to people for one reason or another. Being critical of their choice won't change their minds.

I will say however that that style of riding increases risk exponentially and there's really very little to gain from that additional risk. People being impressed won't even pay for your gas or tires let alone the bike if you make a mistake.

As for the car drivers. There's this general opinion that on street behavior affects drivers respect for riders. Unless you have a time machine and can go back in time and put a stop to all the movies and books that paint motorcyclists in a bad light there's really nothing that will affect public opinion.

Car drivers will still hate us no matter what you do. Part of that is jealousy over our mobility and acceleration abilities and the other part is people naturally hate things that are different than they are. Riding like an ass certainly does not help and only feeds the confirmation bias but riding responsibly is not going to change a thing.

Personally I find that riding in an ultra responsible manner makes me somewhat invisible to motorists. While I don't ride anywhere near that I find that a tiny bit of aggression makes me a bit more visible to traffic. Just stay alert and be ready for anything out there! This is just my opinion of course which is equally as worthless as anybody else's. :)

#33 · (Edited)
This was my second time going that direction within 6 hours on the same day so road conditions were known. No passes made until I had space and sight lines. Usually there is not nearly as much traffic. I can't make it to the track this year so this stretch of 20 miles or so is the closest twisty road I have.

Thank you for the comments and feedback, I will work on smoother on / off throttle transitions and tone it down in traffic .

#34 ·
This was my second time going that direction within 6 hours on the same day so road conditions were known.
Better than NOT running the road at all, but to believe the road conditions won't/can't change in 6 hours (a LONG time) is a fallacy that could land you in the hospital....or the morgue. ALWAYS treat it like the first time you're going over it. In the space of minutes a vehicle can leave a trail of oil..... ;)

Be safe..... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.