BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2012 track rocket

35K views 124 replies 28 participants last post by  wfo439 
#1 ·
Thought I might share my bike, since the season is well under way, and I most likely won't get any further graphics or upgrades done.

HP Race ECU
HP Race calibration 2
2D/BMW Datalogger
Cordona quickshift
MWR filter
Akrapovic Exhaust, Carbon ESD.
PVM 17" Aluminum 6 spoke wheels
Alpha racing brake discs

2D IR laptimer

K-Tec 20DDS Front
K-Tec 35DDS rear
K-Tec stearing damper

Alpha Racing Keyless ignition
Alpha Racing plug set (No fault codes from removal of ignition, side stand etc.)
Alpha Racing Brake lines
Alpha Racing Stearing stop
Alpha Racing Fast Throttle kit
Alpha Racing (Samco) Cooling hoses
Alpha Racing Radiator protection kit, Carbon
Alpha Racing EWS Antenna
Alpha Racing Conversion kit handlebar switches
Alpha Racing DTC compatability kit
Alpha Racing Gearbox Detent spring

PP Tuning rearset
PP tuning Clipons
Renthal Grips
Carbonin fairings
Carbon front mud guard
SBK tank shell (Fischer rennverkleidung)
R&G Crash Protection
Brembo RCS19 brakemaster
Remote Brake adjustment
SBS Dual Sinter

The bike is heavier and not quite as easy to ride as my old CBR1000RR sbk, but the more adapted to the way of riding the BMW I get, the faster and easier it is to ride. I don't have many good pictures of the bike just yet, but below is a few of how the bike looks now!

08 by DelaDK, on Flickr

09 by DelaDK, on Flickr

06 by DelaDK, on Flickr

07 by DelaDK, on Flickr

10 by DelaDK, on Flickr

10252024_10152863813497796_1834583128736651644_n by DelaDK, on Flickr

10150558_10152863813487796_383585751217577242_n by DelaDK, on Flickr

10303792_10152863816097796_9198814205384815987_n by DelaDK, on Flickr

See less See more
#5 ·
I am not all the way done with the bike yet, but it runs incredibly strong for a stock engine with a different ECU.

I'm running without thermostat and fan for the moment and have purchased the Alpha Racing additional cooler, which I will try for the coming events.
I hate the no thermostat deal when coming to a standstill for the race start, but else it works great. I just adjust cooling level with a little ductape on the cooler.

Later I would like to add an additional set of PVM's to the setup and change the seat out for a closed CF unit.

I'll post a few more pictures after the weekend!

#8 ·
#9 ·
A few pictures from Oschersleben this weekend. 55C asphalt and almost 40C air - it was hotter than hell, I am sure!
I had not visited the track before, so I had difficulty getting speed build up on the first day, but everything started working on saturday. Unfortunately a lot of the pictures are from the early part of the weekend before things really got fast, but these will have to do :)

43-IMG_3284 by DelaDK, on Flickr

44-IMG_3318 by DelaDK, on Flickr

36-IMG_1295 by DelaDK, on Flickr

22-IMG_9806 by DelaDK, on Flickr

Reactions: Rich
#90 ·
#12 ·
#14 ·
If it has, I've never participated in that discussion ;)

The decission was easy from my POW, and that being I was extremely pleased with the suspension performance of the same components on my old SC59 CBR1000RR. When dialed in, it just worked and different tracks didn't even require change of settings.
I opted for the K-Tec because I'm a fairly big guy and the K-tec adjustment is a little different compared to Öhlins. I actually don't know how to explain properly at all, since I'm still not aware of the minute details, but the spectrum of adjustment on those two particular brands are quite different.
My suspension go-to guy is very good and he is good with both brands, and he also says it is easier to adjust the k-tec compared to öhlins.
That said, Öhlins is still great!! If I could, I'd change the cartridge for a complete FGR fork in a heartbeat!

Suspension for track is also about what brand you can get support for. You need service and parts fairly often, so I could very well imagine myself on Öhlins or Bitubo next time, since my service shop are not allowed to service k-tec due to franchise commitment with another shop :(

#17 ·
#18 ·
fantastic looking race bike! after running ohlins on my past race bike, i was considering changing it up and going k-tech. good to hear some feedback about the their kit.

...does the hp race 2 calibration include launch control? or is that another ecu entirely?

#19 ·
The raceECU is a new ECU which you also need to purchase unlock code for. Everything is available from alpharacing.

From 2012, the race calibration 2 makes LC available on the none-HP4 bikes, so yes – the bike has launch control 

#20 · (Edited)
The season is hastily approaching in Europe, but due to my first kid coming out in a few weeks, I won't ride much this year.
The bike however needs to be ready regardless, and I've ended changing a lot of things here and there on the bike.

New wheels. MFR 6 speed Alu.
Looks great, and since it's used in the GP, no question about performance should be asked!
Untitled by DelaDK, on Flickr

I don't know if I would like these over the stock, but I always love how it looks. Titanium bolts of course!

Brembo 19x18 PR CNC Master. <3

I have accumulated a lot of different sh*t during winther and as you can see, I will be changing the fairings as well.

I am waiting for a package from AR before assembly of the bike can begin. I'm removing the seconday air module before assembly, but also adding a few odd bits and peaces to the bike that will make track life a little easier.
That, and a bucket of Titanium.... ;)

Until then, I'll leave it here!

#21 ·
Well, I think an update is long overdue, but at the same time, I'm not completely finished...

I have been spending time starting up a new business and being a dad, so everything is moving kind of slow. The bike is however more or less done, it just needs a few stickers and I need to pull the cam cover to fix a leaking seal.

The bike is freshly serviced and mapped. Superstock trim.

* MWR Filter
* Alpha Racing short velocity stacks
* Race Calibration kit 2
* Akrapovic Evo Exhaust
* Cams are timed ever so slightly

199.9 RWHP. I really don't care much for doing the power figure battle with anyone, but the improvement in delivery is such a drastic change from last year, so I can hardly wait to drive it!

Upgrades from last year:

Carbon protection for the frame
Bonamici engine covers (Same as those from WSBK)
Bonamici clipons
Bonamici Brake lever protection
Bonamici Rear set (Same as those from WSBK)
Alpha Racing rear subframe in Aluminum
Alpha Racing Carbon fairing bracket
Alpha Racing Carbon tank cover
Alpha Racing crank case protection (from chain failure)
Alpha Racing Frame sliders
Alpha Racing velocity stacks
New Carbonin Avio fairings
Brembo Supersport discs
MFR AL wheels x2
Brembo CNC 19x18 Brake master
All bolts changed for titanium bolts
TT size wind screen

There's probably a lot of odd bits and pieces I've forgot, but this seems to be the essence of the winters upgrades.... So much for taking it easy.

A few pictures:
Billede 01-05-15 16.39.24

Billede 01-05-15 16.39.46

Billede 19-04-15 15.55.50

Billede 19-04-15 16.09.42

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

#22 ·
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I still need to install the entire kit from Bonamici at the moment and repair the leaked gasket. As soon as everything is tied up, I'll make sure to post a few more pictures of the bike.

I'm going to Assen and Brno in August and September and perhaps a few tracks before that. This year is not great in terms of track time, but I feel the bike is better than ever!

I hope you like it ;)

#24 ·
All that remains to do is mount the WSBK rearset. I am missing a longer rear brake hose, so I am waiting a little bit just yet...

apart from that, the bike is finished :wink2:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

#26 ·
Nice build - well done.

Question to your Brembo CNC MC: why going 19x18 and not 19x20? Asking because I have the same MC in 19x20 on my 1999 R1 with some GP4RR calliper and thinking to get the same MC size also for my HP4 - what do you think?

#28 ·
Nice build - well done.

Question to your Brembo CNC MC: why going 19x18 and not 19x20? Asking because I have the same MC in 19x20 on my 1999 R1 with some GP4RR calliper and thinking to get the same MC size also for my HP4 - what do you think?

Thanks Andy!
I have used the 19x20 before as well, but made the concious decision that the 19x18 would be best suited for track use.
The 18 wheel base delivers higher pressure from the same lever travel when you compare the masters directly. I think that the 19x20 works great, but I personally feel that the progression and feel is even better with 19x18.

You are using the HP4 on track right? You cannot go wrong with either one, but I would highly recommend to go with 19x18 to increase stopping power and control!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#31 ·
I've moved away from the normal mounting point because of the raised clipons. The normal mounting is the best option costwise, but with a very wide position on my clipons it just didn't work.
I've bought the expensive mounting kit from Brembo, the same as the one Alpha Racing keeps in stock. Bending the bracket a little and the resovoir can clear the fairing. It weighs a lot less compared to OEM as well, so that's a bonus. Should hold up fine without any trouble...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#32 ·
I was at Oschersleben in Germany last weekend.
Gosh, 10 month break from track duty is too long - I did not feel comfortable and wasn't quick at all. I have some training to do before I leave for the next event.

There were some new photographers attending the track day and thought I would support them and buy their pictures....

DSC_7431

DSC_0746

DSC_0581

DSC_0550

Ended up training my riding position with a new tank shell and trying some different tweeks according to the Pirelli tires, but felt too slow to really feel which direction was the best to go in. Ended up just riding and trying to adapt, which was more fun!!

Reactions: Colers and AndyHP4
#33 · (Edited)
A small video from Knutstorp, Sweden, this past weekend. Just playing together with a friend. Was surprised to see the amount of slip the new map allowed! Was running these laps in high 1.07's and race pace, for me, is around 1.04.5-ish....

The riding improved much over the weekend, and moved/adjusted much better on the bike the days following this footage. But this clip is fun because we were just having a good time ;)

Watch it in 1080p!

[/URL]

#34 ·
A little longer edit from the weekend, including all the goofing around in the pit.

Reactions: Colers
#37 ·
My fairings are actually not from AR, even though they are a great piece of work! My current fairings are from Carbonin, while the CF tank cover is from Alpha.

Great post, love the pics.

bike has all the bits. well done.
Thanks, much appreciated. I might have an extra few things to try for the next season, but time will tell >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.