BMW S1000RR Forum banner

story of my dream bike

6K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  TheITguy 
#1 ·
hey guys, just wanted to share my bike and its progress. (sorry for long post)
before i start i just wanted to mention that i have had and still have over 40 motorcycles, and ever since this bike came out that was the only bike that said id wanna keep forever and could use as only bike without compromise and not have to have so many at the same time.
i like big powerful bikes and once i got trough top CC bikes like hayabusas and zx14s it always kept going back to the s1k and my love for liter bikes (R1 was my all-time fav bike, and probably still is, especially for the price and bang for the buck, and looks that make it look like new even though its from like 2006)

I wasn't really particularly looking for one to be honest, but just saw it listed locally on CL and had to go look at it because the price was just great, tho there was a problem with it. seller said motor was hurt, it was used as a drag bike for 1k miles and engine went, was still running but ticking, its a 2011 model.

Biks is mint tho, so i ended up buying it as is for $5K, bike only had 4000 miles on it.
I ended up getting a new motor with 2000 miles on it and had it put in.
i then proceeded to return it back to stock form.
this all happened in about 2 weeks and bike is done now (although i did do a trade for a longer CF Akrapovic pipe as i do long distances on the bike and shorty was too loud for me, sounded great but a bit too much for me)

So heres what i did in those 2 weeks:
removed the Mcintosh swingarm and Brocks adjustable links and replaced it with stock swingarm/chain/links/brake line
slid the forks back up to stock position
installed new super bike grips (broke the throttle tube in pieces, ended up replacing it with zx14 one that takes bigger grip)
removed rocks lowering strap kit
removed Bazzaz tuner, its acting up and I'm not sure whats up, might send it out to have them take a look at it.
full Akra exhaust at the moment is waiting for long pipe and mid pipe
HID kit and leds installed in headlights

Bike already had a Yoshimura tail tidy kit and adjustable crg levers, and I'm still trying to figure out which direction to go with the front turn signals and those mirrors that point into my elbows

so thats the story of my bike, and I'm sure some of you may wonder about total tally
Bike and all parts $5000, new motor and install 3K, exhaust swap free, and i have all the other parts listed for sale, i expect for get about $1500 or so back since all those parts were only used for 900 miles. so not too shabby for clean title bike, low miles on odometer and 2k miles on motor.

here are some pics from when i got it to how it is now (minus the pipe of course)

zx14 throttle tube, basically direct swap

and a quick vid of few rewws, my buddy didn't believe me that it shoots flames from just light twist of the throttle and how loud it really is (excuse his language at the end haha)
View My Video

also, if anyone is interested in any of the parts that were removed, please let me know.

See less See more
#3 ·
so the new exhaust has arrived, and here is what she looks like now, i also installed led front turn signals :)

and one from the beach, taken with my iPhone, so quality is not all that

#5 ·
finally installed CF frame cover, wrapped the subframe in CF as well, put on bar-end mirrors and mirror blockoffs, billet brake fluid reservoir, as well as double bubble windscreen. looks pretty good
next thing is do something about these uncomfortable seats and handlebars.

#6 ·
#8 ·
similar looking picture, i added black Vortex rearsets, filter, power commander 5, and ohlins cartridges.
its slowly getting there :)
bike is pretty dusty from sitting under cover in the city garage...
but im getting ready to load it up in my motovan and head off to Georgia for some sunny riding w the gf that used to live there...

#12 ·
hahaha wtf guy? how much does that cf cover weigh anyways? i can't even tell, i bet i saved more weight by switching to small turn signals than i did by pitting CF covers on (which help with ridiculous amount of heat that frame holds)

oh and thx, i do photography as hobby sort of, and over processed or those HDR pics really hurt my eyes hehe, but some people like them so whatevs

#15 ·
well, it used to be hot and annoying, now its not, so id say it does its job
and i wear kevlar pants with padding under, you won't find me in leather pants unless I'm on the track in full suit. :x

#16 ·
i have an instagram page just for my bike addiction and collections, fell free to take a look :) I'm also building a motovan slowly, so some pics will end up on there as well (got a chevy express that i just did face update on and whatnot)

https://www.instagram.com/djomlasbikes/

and heres a quick pic with some of the bikes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.