BMW S1000RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLINS F/R 2015+ and HP-4 direct fit Cartridges fit ALL model years including R

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  5150 Pops 
#1 · (Edited)
Starting a new thread solely for these items.....
Ohlins Bm360 rear 105 spring
Ohlins 30mm NIX carts, with 10.5 and 11.0 springs for an effective rate of 10.75 AND suspension specific tools!!!
New price, these will fit straight up, no B.S. - the HP4, and 3rd gen bikes (15-16) no problem at all. (ON DDC BIKES, these would replace not compliment those components)
The Bm360 is the newest generation TTX shock with improved valving over the 342 that was a direct replacement for the Hp4. You not only get the shock and the 30mm cartridges but the special tools needed to perform maintenance on the cartridge kit.
$1800 shipping is included to the lower 48 insured (for full retail cost of replacement) and tracking.

$1800 buys what would cost over $2600, when you include the specialty tools.
Separately
the price for the cartridge kit with the tools $1000
shock $1000
Shipping still included to CONUS
Must go, I ship quick PayPal f/f or pay 3.5% extra...

See less See more
#12 ·
No more than ~~~ 2,100 miles.
95% of those were on track, possibly more.

I had not planned to do anything with it, until around March 2017.
It is NOT one of the recall affected units either.

If you're really fast (slow sauce here) it would be a great time to get it refreshed, before installing, but I truly do not believe it NEEDS it.
0:)

#14 ·
As long as you are answering questions, my recollection is that 2015 and HP4 rear shocks are different lengths. If so, how does this shock fit both without radically altering rear ride height for one or the other? :surprise: Inquiring mind dreaming about Ohlins. :laugh:

#15 ·
I think you'd find that the Hp4 and 2015+ rr's (ddc or std) have the same length shock.
The std non ddc of 2012-14 bikes have different length than hp4 and later bikes.
The linkage is also different on those bikes mentioned. Swingarm inserts too, but hp4 and 2015+ bikes linkage/knuckle/inserts/length of shock = same.
As always, caveat emptor, verify with Brad @ Ohlins USA 800.336.9029 or Dan Kyle @ (831) 394-1330.
0:)

The only thing I'm unclear on, is the ddc disabling. I seem to recall another post by someone who mentioned that if you replace both ends of the ddc bike, you won't get any error messages. Whether that means simply leaving the connections open, I don't know.
What I do know is that I need to get off my lazyazz and remove the shock and cartridge kit from the bike, clean them, and post photos. I've had these sold over a dozen times, pending photos.

My problem is I should have put my triple tree stand under the front when I removed the wheels for sale.........:surprise::surprise::surprise:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.