BMW S1000RR Forum banner

WTB: HP Race Calibration Kit usb cable

6K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  AndyHP4 
#1 ·
Hello, I look for the usb cable that comes with the HP Race Calibration Kit. If anyone has one for sale I'm interested.

Thx in advance

See less See more
#6 ·
Forgive my ignorance, but can an RCK be used on another Vin once it has been tied to the original?
The reason I ask is because I've never saw anything that shows it to be allowed by BMW. It would be awesome if they would allow it, simply by buying another unlock code, once you have acquired a pre-owned RCK 3 or 2 for earlier generations.

I remember Dagor selling his, but I thought it was inclusive of the ECU it was tied to?

So does anyone actually know for sure you can buy a pre-owned RCK tuner and have it reassigned to a new Vin?
@bennymx?

Tia
:grin2:

#7 ·
Forgive my ignorance, but can an RCK be used on another Vin once it has been tied to the original?
The reason I ask is because I've never saw anything that shows it to be allowed by BMW. It would be awesome if they would allow it, simply by buying another unlock code, once you have acquired a pre-owned RCK 3 or 2 for earlier generations.

I remember Dagor selling his, but I thought it was inclusive of the ECU it was tied to?

So does anyone actually know for sure you can buy a pre-owned RCK tuner and have it reassigned to a new Vin?

@bennymx?

Tia
:grin2:
Alpha Racing sells the cable only as replacement part, so each cable should work.

What is needed is to have the unlock code for the ECU.

well... I think, hope

#9 ·
I will double check this but I think you only need the code to unlock the ECU so it can be modified. The RCK is just a purchase possibly with a code that registers the product. I am not aware of anything that actually registers the bike to the RCK. Once you purchase the RCK you should be able to use it on any bike that has a ECU unlock code. So if you were a race team owner with 10 bikes. You would need 10 codes to unlock all 10 ECU's but the RCK only needs to be bought once and it will work on all bikes.

I may be wrong here, I will know more in a few weeks. WSBK HP training :D

#12 · (Edited)
So, some light into all these codes and items you actually need for your BMW:

RCK2 and RCK3 are just the software and the cable for your BMW.
RCK2 and RCK3 software and the cable are not compatible to each other! You can use the software/cable on any bike where the RCK is unlocked/activated.
To make this software work on your bike you need this RCK2/3 unlock code. This works already with the OEM ECU on European ECUs, not on USA ones. There you need the raceECU activated too.

All pre-2015 bikes (HP4, etc.) needs actually a real raceECU as hardware (just an empty ECU) and the unlock code to download the race map from BMW ISTA/P system.

The 2015 BMW only needs the unlock code to get a so called raceECU activated, which actaully is just the race map downloaded from BMW ISTA/P system.

Hope that helps :nerd:

#13 ·
@skapan and @the_gooch, curious what each of you would consider is a "cheap" price on the RCK3 tool?

I know our exclusive Alpha USA importer's price has been set roughly 35-50% higher than if you would purchase direct from Alpha or through Kfm, for instance.

Reason I ask is there could be alternative channels we could collectively utilize, especially if more people climbed aboard, to obtain the kit minus the unlock code, much less costly.

I haven't been able to find an alternative means in securing the code for less than full price, is the only reason I don't already have one.

Expensive paperweight, until I would either pony up or get lucky.

#16 ·
Interesting plan.

How certain are you that you can get the ECU flashed to allow activation, without leaving breadcrumbs?

How much were you quoted for doing so, PM if you don't want it public?

I got a quote for $625 or so for RCK 3, but am concerned if I publicly posted from who, G.V. would step in and try and cockblock the vendor. That's why I was trying to ascertain if there would be a dozen or so interested and ready to buy, it would seem reasonable, the price may drop a bit more. If it doesn't, that's fine too, I've not found it anywhere close to this price including shipping to the 48.

I'm not too concerned about the warranty anymore, to be honest. It would have grenaded by now. Kfm is a great resource for other stuff that may expire (switches).

#15 ·
My S1000rr is a 2011, I could also use the RCK1. I found several sites that sell for about 100 euros, but none have it in stock.

The cable only costs 450$ at Alpha, which I find rather crazy, when compared to an OBD-USB for bmw cars which costs 30$ on aliexpress

#20 ·
Have you contacted BMW motorrad Racing support directly, in Germany?

If not, try it and don't mention having a second hand unit, suggest you "misplaced" cable, and need replacement, ask if they'd sell you new cable.

:laugh:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.