BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2016 BMW S1000R--like new, 2+ years of warranty remain. Washington, DC area.

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CrazyBiker 
#1 · (Edited)
2016 BMW S1000R--FINAL PRICE DROP: $11,695 2+ yrs warranty

2016 BMW S1000R

I recently bought this beautiful machine for street riding, but need to sell it for family reasons. Bike is in the Washington, D.C. area. Only 1,934 miles.

FINAL PRICE DROP: $11,695

Email: thomaspmccabe AT gmail DOT com (Best to use this email, I'm not on this forum as often)

Includes Title, Full Warranty, Roadside Assistance, everything that comes with the bike when purchased new.

MORE PHOTOS HERE:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskWvq8Zy

BIKE HISTORY
This bike was originally purchased new in October 2016 from a dealership in Richmond, VA by a well-to-do older rider. He decided, a few weeks after buying it, that he wanted to return it to the dealership and buy a different bike. His out-the-door price was a little over $18.000. I bought the bike from the dealership in February this year and have ridden it 3 times for a total of ~400 miles. [sigh] The odometer reading is 1,934. The bike has had its first scheduled service.

SPECS
- 2016 BWM S1000R Premium Package
- Black Storm Metallic
- like new condition
- 3 year/36,000 mile warranty good through October 2019. Includes roadside assistance.
- 1,934 miles, all street (never seen a track day or race, carefully maintained by 2 mature adult riders, chicken strips come with the tires for no additional charge)
- Premium Package includes:
Gear Shift Assist (up shifts)
DTC (Dynamic Traction Control)
DDC (Dynamic Damping Control)
ABS Pro
Cruise Control
Pro-Ride Modes
Heated Grips
Engine Spoiler

- What you get: Everything--title, manual, tools, slick mode plug, extra key...
- What you don't get: delivery fees, set up fees, document fees, misc. bullshit fees.

TERMS OF SALE & SHIPMENT
No trades. Cash or cashier's check. Happy to ship it, you pay that fee. I'm not looking to get rich from this sale, just a fair selling price. I am willing to sell this bike for significantly less than the OTD price you'd pay a dealer for a lightly used 2016 Premium Package with under 2k miles.

SELLER INFO
I'm 48 years old and have been riding since I was 16. I've owned 11 other bikes before this one, including a 2013 HP4. I have been really happy with the S1000R's engine tune. The generous boost you get from the increase in low-end torque is especially welcome for city riding. As many reviewers have noted, this bike has the potential to perform exceptionally well both on the street and on the track.

I have done track days at Summit Point (never on this bike, only on my other bikes), and know many of the racers, riders and coaches who ride there. I've bought and sold bikes through the WERA classifieds and I am happy to provide references and more info if you'd like.

--

FROM BMW WEBSITE
BMW S 1000 R
A roadster, reduced to the essentials: maximum performance. 160 bhp, 83 lb/ft torque and a power-to-weight ratio of 2.85 pounds per bhp - and the competition disappears in the rear mirror.

Linear power: the engine.
The high-performance 4-cylinder in-line engine derives from the RR but has now been further optimized. The result: extremely linear torque delivery for constant forward drive across the entire engine rev range. The engine of the S 1000 R has an output of 160 bhp/118 kW at 11,000 rpm, while a maximum of 83 lb/ft torque at 9,250 rpm puts a smile on the rider's face at every twist of the throttle.

Versatile: the riding modes.
The S 1000 R can be reined in and unleashed at the press of a button as standard. The "Rain" mode provides a gentle throttle response, with ABS and ASC adapted to wet road surfaces. Meanwhile "Road" optimizes throttle response, ABS and ASC for dry asphalt. The Pro modes are available as an optional extra for those chasing the threshold range: "Dynamic" and "Dynamic Pro" get the "R" into shape for the limits.

Full control: Race ABS and ASC as standard.
Power is nothing without control. The S 1000 R is fitted with Race ABS and ASC (automatic stability control) as standard. This duo ensures excellent acceleration and deceleration figures at threshold level. They can be activated and deactivated during travel, making for uninterrupted riding fun.

No compromises: the individualization options.
The "Standard" package adds Ride Modes Pro (Rain, Road + Dynamic, Dynamic Pro), gear shift assist, DTC (dynamic traction control) and cruise control. The "Premium" package includes all equipment in the "Standard" package plus DDC (dynamic damping control semi-active suspension), heated grips and engine spoiler. There will also be an extensive range of HP parts for the S 1000 R aimed at ambitious riders.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Final price drop: $11,695

The bike has only been titled once. I have the clear title. But since I have only had it for 2 months, and because I knew a few weeks ago I wouldn't be able to keep it, I have not registered and tagged it.

I have dropped the price now SIGNIFICANTLY for fast sale. Current price is $11,695. Warranty good through October 2019. Like new condition! Still only 1,934 miles.

Bike is located in Washington, DC

#6 ·
Is this sold? How is the wind protection? Do you have to put a large windscreen on these?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.