The Build Begins. . .:) - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > BMW S1000RR/HP4 Multimedia > BMW S1000RR/HP4 Pictures

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default The Build Begins. . .:)

Picked up a '12 in September after doing a CSS at VIR in Aug as my main trackday bike. . .With 97 miles on the clock took it to Summit Point (Riding the short track I knew the rev limiter wouldn't be an issue. . .then had a week to get to 600 and get the rev limiter off for Thunderbolt. . .Did the basics at the dealership when I picked it up (intergrated tailight, sliders all around and case savers) and then set my sights to setting up everything for next year. . .

So far. . .

Case savers with blue insert

Sliders:

Recently installed the levers and rearsets:

motorkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

What arrived this week. . .

Should be getting my new leathers, gloves and painted track plastics next week - will post pics then
Old 12-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

Looks Good!!
Loomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sex!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 12-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
HP4

Garage
Default Wow!

Wow... All I can say is Damn! Damn! Damn!
HP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Looks good! Sooner later you will end converting to full track.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App
yangins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

@motorkas,

That's some serious upgrade , cheers mate...
Yamaha R1 01 [Sold]
yuvraj8511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks guys!!!!!!! As much as I'm looking forward to getting everything installed - REALLY looking forward to getting her back on the track. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangins View Post
Looks good! Sooner later you will end converting to full track.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App
The second the track plastics get back from the painter - highly doubt she'll ever see the street after that. . .here's the sick part. . .bought it for three reasons - 1) brother has '11 s1000rr and was talking mad **** about what he was going to do with me at the track (figured - bring a gun to a gun fight) 2) 2 days aboard a S1000rr at VIR with CSS will make anyone a believer in the S1000rr- on the second day, I actually looked at the odometer - had 17000+ miles on it - all track miles. . .took the opportunity to ask Keith Code (yes - he really does teach - easily did 70% of our classroom teaching) directly what the maintenance and crash records were - he told my brother and I they were super reliable after all the abuse and that crashes had dropped close to 40% since they made the switch from 600's) 3) As much as I enjoy the S1000rr, my heart will always belong to my first love. . .and if anything happened to her, I think I may literally cry. . .) - she's now being regulated to street duty (with an occasional TD thrown in - because it just flat out WORKS on a race track:-)

First love (it would take some time to find a clean replacement for the bike but all the aftermarket goodies (Sato pipes, rearsets, Ohlins shock etc) are becoming almost impossible to find) . . .

CSS (of course - still "crossed up" but working on it every day) . . .

CSS and the BMW were so good, it made me break my long time shunning of inline 4's. . .

Brother and I already committed to each other to a min of 2 TD's a month next season and we're doing CSS again. . .nothing like quality time with the family

Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Garage

i really need to try the track sometime...bike is looking good. want to see how she looks with the race plastics..how much did the dealer charge for doing the tail and sliders??
Chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino View Post
i really need to try the track sometime...bike is looking good. want to see how she looks with the race plastics..how much did the dealer charge for doing the tail and sliders??
Chino - honestly can't remember what they charged but I did search around and their prices were actually lower than some other retail outlets for the parts - labor is what it is but I want to say max 2hrs for the taillight, frame, front axl, and swingarm sliders and case savers. . .

New leathers arrived today (new lid is also in the pic) - LOVE EM!!!!!!!!!!! - brand new and I could wear them to the track with NO BREAK IN what so ever. I have crazy mobility now but the suit is still really snug - it's amazing how much and extra inch here and there does to free you up (yes, sat on the bike on the stands and moved around on the bike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement