Skivviss' S1kRR Build Thread - Page 4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > BMW S1000RR/HP4 Multimedia > BMW S1000RR/HP4 Pictures

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #31 (permalink)

Nothing changed lately, been spending mod money on track time... tons of fun this way though.

A couple shots from this weekend. I sure do make the s1000 look a bit small, heh.

and a highlight reel of my best laps running the track both CW and CCW:

musselman is just a kart track, but about once a month they open it up for bikes. at 60$ its still good fun, and the pics prove i have a lot to work on with body position. and the slower speeds there make that easier, in theory.

build | pics | vids
skivviss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #32 (permalink)

Nice pics. and congrats for getting less slow.
I'll be following your footsteps.
and that tank bag keeps calling me.
FrankoQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
Nice pics. and congrats for getting less slow.
I'll be following your footsteps.
and that tank bag keeps calling me.
tank bag and .... aerodynamic mod?!?

well three folks in parking lots when i haven't had the bag with me come up to look and talk about the bike have asked if the bracket is some kind of aerodynamics thing. i dunno what they are thinking, but i just go with it now.

build | pics | vids
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #34 (permalink)

Default New BT-003RS tires

Time came again, pretty quickly for new tires.

This last set of BT-003RS survived ~3400 miles. Mostly street but 4 track days at a C group pace. Two on full sized Inde in Willcox AZ, and two on kart sized Musselman in Tucson AZ.

I also did a much better job this time of using up all my rear chicken strips, and just a tiny bit left on the front. The fronts show me I clearly lean it over more on the right than left, so helping me to start paying attention to that.

I decided to go with the same ones again. At least one more cycle, I am pretty certain when this set is worn out I'm going to get a second set of wheels and start swapping between track tires and street. These tires are truly overkill for how hard I am willing to push it on the street.

Here are the Before/After shots for this new set:

build | pics | vids
Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #35 (permalink)

First and foremost, I am OK and walked away from this. Definitely I'm feeling beat up and angry, but hip padding, knee armor, shoulder pads and mostly helmet made all the sore parts just that sore and not broken. Thanks ATGATT.

Was a pretty low speed impact, I was engine braking down a southbound left turn lane, probably was going 25-30 when I saw the little corolla move out between two stopped vehicles to make a left turn into the northbound lanes. completely blind for her, and didn't matter she was watching for northbound traffic and didn't even check the southbound left turn lane she was using to do the merge. i was covering the front brake as i always do near traffic, so i started stopping and was aggressive enough to bring the rear wheel up slightly in sport mode, but since she wasn't looking she started to accellerate right into me. we probably impacted at 35mph (at least that's what the officers and paramedics determined), and i definitely feel like i've been run over by a car at those speeds.

after the hit she pushed the bike and me back across the lane diagonally about 6 feet, the bike just into the oncoming lane and me bouncing off the the front bumper.

she got cited, for a failure to yield. and got caught trying to lie about the events, claiming i was speeding really fast. the officers pointed out that were that true i would have been over her car and not pushed back. so she had the greater speed since i fell straight down onto her bumper.

dealer took a quick look, but said it wasn't clear yet if the damage would likely be a total or a repair.

build | pics | vids
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #36 (permalink)

Glad to hear your alright man. I am not really looking forward to ride back in the states for that reason. People in Europe tend to pay more attention to motorcyclist.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
whites1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #37 (permalink)

Ouch. Main thing is you are OK and posting. That is really all that matters. Everything else is replaceable and hopefully you'll get a decent settlement when all is said an done.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #38 (permalink)

Oh nooooo. I am so sorry man. But I'm glad you did not get serious injuries. Take care and I hope you are back on the saddle soon.
FrankoQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage

Damn man... glad to see it wasn't worse and you walked away. Heal up man!!
#1 Plate/Champion - 2013 SMRI

HUGE Thanks to my Race Sponsors!!

Riders Discount**PMtec, Inc**Schuberth Helmets**DUNLOP**DrippinWet**Brentwood Barber Shop**MOTUL**MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Leatt Neck Protection**Knecht Automotive

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #40 (permalink)

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm feeling marginally better today.

The dealer completed their repair estimate... just shy of 18.9k in parts without labor. So, 99% probable that its going to be written off as a total.

Now the drama fun of my insurance vs the driver's insurance begins.

But that should be transparent to me while they work out the 'split responsibility' that Arizona has. With that much damage I should be getting a check to replace with, I'd think.

build | pics | vids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement