BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Anyone ever try this Chinese Bursig Paddock Lift Knockoff??

19K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  Nev3rL8 
#1 ·
Much cheaper with wheels, and fitting plate and pins. I really would love a bursig but they are so expensive, $800+Or the Abba Sky Lift is really nice looking, but looks like it'll cost over $750 and I don't even know if it's available in the states. What's the deal with these:

Paddock Central Stand Patented and Registered as Bursig in China

2011 BMW S1000RR- only power mods are an akrapovic titanium evo exhaust, and a BMC carbon race air filter. New style BMSK8 ECU with the "086" 2014 "HP4" software version. Custom tuned by BrenTuning. 181whp baseline dyno numbers on pump 93 octane fuel. After tune, 200whp still on pump 93 octane! 50/50 mix of pump 93 octane and VP Q16 race fuel. Same tune, using Bren's race fuel self adaptation, 210whp to the rear tire! I wonder what it would have made, had we made one more dyno hit on straight race fuel. You want your S to make good power throughout the rev range, make more torque, and just run better all around, contact BrenTuning and he will not let you down!!!

#2 · (Edited)
Or know of any more affordable similar alternatives?? Thanks

EDIT!: Motomfg.com S1000RR Paddock Stand is another option MADE IN THE USA! Seem to be very similar to the Bursig Stand as well, BUT they have a safety lock pin, so the bike cannot fall off accidentally. Seems like it might be the best option price, quality, and made in the 'usa, so any problems i could have with it, parts are here in the US, and not have to track down a resolution in Germany. Here is a link to it, the locking pin is a newer option I believe:

http://www.motomfg.com/MotoMfg_paddock_stand_BMW_p/ps-3.htm

I think this might be the one im goinng with as of now. The china one, seems a bit rattly, and cheap made, the Black Widow one, is the chinese one im pretty sure. The Motomfg one seems to be the only one I cant find any bad reviews on. Still looking though!

#3 ·
I went with the MotoMFG.com model after reading this ducati's owners personal experience with both stands:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/79-appa...omfg-stand.html#/forumsite/3254/topics/123487

Here's his comparison:

"I've decided to buy 1 from Bursig and 1 from Motomfg. For those of you that haven't made up your mind I hope this will help.

Both stands basically has the same design but with a few minor difference.

Motomfg is 48 pounds, 1 piece design $405.00 plus shipping
Bursig is 30 pounds, 1 piece design $620.00 plus shipping

Bursig's frame plate is pre-assembled and adjusted to balance the bike.
Motomfg you have to assemble the frame plate and make the adjustment to balance the bike.

I had to cut off the corner of the frame plate on both stands. I run GP shift with straight shifter direct out of the shaft. The plate did not clear it. If you have a linkage style shifter it will work fine.

Motomfg is very solid, it rolls very smooth. Due to the weight of the stand it takes some muscle to get the stand into the frame adapter. It also has a higher ground clearance. My floor is not smooth it has a dip the stand roll over it without any issue.

Bursig is about 18 pounds lighter it is very easy to get the stand into the frame adapter. But it does not roll as smooth as the Motomfg it tends to have a bit of vibration as you roll the bike. Ground clearance is limited it did not clear the dip in my floor. If your floor is nice and smooth it should not have any issue.

Both stand will do the same job. Motomfg is more solid vs. Bursig. If you're using it for maintenance and storage Motomfg is a better choice. If you're using it at the track to lift up the bike for tire warmers and having to put it up and down all day the Bursig is much easier to use due to the light weight.

If you're a big guy with muscle the Motomfg will work great at the track, but I find it harder to use due to the extra 18 pounds."

The MotoMFG suits my needs much better, and I'm looking for the more solid stand. Not sure if the Bursig has a locking pin, but I'm really happy the MotoMFG stand does. Final cost was $520 shipped, with the wheels option. I had to pay taxes as they are located in upstate New York, but shipping was only about $30, and I'm sure it'll be here in a few days. I'm pretty stoked. I've been trying to pick one for a while now, and I finally did, and ordered it. I'll post updates with pictures and details ASAP!

Come to Daddy!

2011 BMW S1000RR- only power mods are an akrapovic titanium evo exhaust, and a BMC carbon race air filter. New style BMSK8 ECU with the "086" 2014 "HP4" software version. Custom tuned by BrenTuning. 181whp baseline dyno numbers on pump 93 octane fuel. After tune, 200whp still on pump 93 octane! 50/50 mix of pump 93 octane and VP Q16 race fuel. Same tune, using Bren's race fuel self adaptation, 210whp to the rear tire! I wonder what it would have made, had we made one more dyno hit on straight race fuel. You want your S to make good power throughout the rev range, make more torque, and just run better all around, contact BrenTuning and he will not let you down!!!

#9 ·
The Chinese one is the one that is sold under many brand names including Black Widow. The MotoMFG is made in the United States, is quite a but heavier and more solid than the other brands. It also has the locking pin, which is a nice piece of mind. I chose to pay a couple hundred extra for the made in the US product, that is more sturdy, has locking pin, rolls easier, and has higher ground clearance. I think I made the right choice based on that Ducati owner who owns both the bursig and the MotoMFG stands. I would get one of the Chinese ones if I was on a more limited budget, and didn't have a bike that is very expensive on it, with a lot of money into it. Just peace of mind. That and my garage floor has some pits in it, and the other lifts would get stuck from what I read. To each his own. I'm not knocking any bother version of the lift, just saying why I chose the MotoMFG stand, made in the USA plays a huge role to me as well.

#13 ·
MotoMFG emailed me today and said they no longer make paddock stands, and that I was not charged. Problem is, they did charge me. I can't get anyone on the phone. I emailed them to call me right away. I hope someone calls soon. This is insane.

#16 ·
Doesn't matter anymore, because they say they don't make them anymore. Now I'm not sure which brand to get. Any other suggestions besides Bursig which is a bit pricey for me. And the Black widow which is so cheap it makes me question the quality. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks guys.

#23 ·
They won't have the black widow stand back in stock until the last week of November. So I may go with the SV one if they have it in stock. The price difference isn't astronomical. What would I need to do, just choose the euro pin for S1000RR up to 13'? Mine is an 11'. Is there a lot of assembly to these stands? Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

#24 ·
I don't know what the euro pin is, but if you call SV he'll get you what you need.

Assembly is 10 minutes. Adjusting the pin block and installing it on the stand is another 10 minutes if you're picky. You'll want to schedule 30 minutes additional for you to stand out in the garage bouncing it, wiggling it and trying to be sure it's not going to fall. Then you'll want to go out every hour or so afterwards to check that it hasn't fallen. :)

#25 ·
Just wanted to chime in for any members shopping and say don't forget we're forum sponsors and you all get 10% off any Bursig order! You can use the code "BMW10" at check out, which brings the stand with wheels and adapter plate down to $599. We ship anywhere on the continent in 2-5 business days, and of course offer lifetime phone and email support with the lifetime warranty.

And remember that when it comes time to lift another bike we offer adapter plates for over 100 models, including just about every mass produced sport bike from the last 20 years, with new models always being added. Existing Bursig customers are eligible to exchange their old plate for a new one, which certainly adds value over a lifetime of ownership. Something to consider! :cool:

Thanks guys, and happy shopping!

#33 ·
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle
Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Motorcycle Wheel

I got one and love it
This guy also has pins for 2014 models
And he is doing a custom color for me
I'll post pics when it's done
And the price was just under $300
But this is in Canada
I'm sure there is better deals to be had in USA

I had a motomfg stand before
And my buddy has a bursig one
And I can honestly tell you the quality of this stand is just as good
For half the price
Plus mine has a damper
So when you lower the bike it won't just drop to the ground

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#34 ·
View attachment 89730 View attachment 89738

I got one and love it
This guy also has pins for 2014 models
And he is doing a custom color for me
I'll post pics when it's done
And the price was just under $300
But this is in Canada
I'm sure there is better deals to be had in USA

I had a motomfg stand before
And my buddy has a bursig one
And I can honestly tell you the quality of this stand is just as good
For half the price
Plus mine has a damper
So when you lower the bike it won't just drop to the ground

Link me! Lol

#37 ·
#38 ·
Does anyone know if the adapter plates for the Bursig also work with the Chinese stands? I have a Chinese stand but I'm not positive what brand it is because it's not labeled. I bought it off the guy who I bought my s1000rr from and he wasn't sure of the brand either. Also it doesn't 100% match the pictures of any Chinese stand online. Anyways, I want to get an adapter for my other bike but I don't want to risk buying a $100+ adapter if it won't fit correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.