Need your help... - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage
Default Need your help...

We've noticed an increase in Spamming activity lately. This seems to come in waves so I'm sure it'll settle down soon (hopefully).

I wanted to bring to everyone's attention a simple way you can help if you see a spammer. And sometimes they can be sneaky too. The obvious ones are those that advertise their shoes or phones or what not in their post/thread. Pretty simple to catch. The sneakier ones will throw a link in their signature and respond to your thread as if they are part of (and interested) in the S1000RR community.

If you see anything like this or anything you believe is Spam, there is a little/small icon on the lower left of their post that looks like an exclamation mark. By clicking on this, you are "Reporting" the post. If you click on that it will take you to another screen in which you put in the reason you are reporting the post. This in turn will send out an e-mail/notification to all of our moderators and one of us will clean it up ASAP.

This would be a huge help and much appreciated. We catch them the same way you do... just by stumbling across their SPAM. So if you see one, don't hesitate to click the little yellow exclamation mark in the lower left of their post. We try and catch them quickly but sometimes they slip through undetected.

Thanks!
#1 Plate/Champion - 2013 SMRI

SMRI #1, WMRRA #112x, USBA #715, AMA #715

HUGE Thanks to my Race Sponsors!!

Riders Discount**PMtec, Inc**Schuberth Helmets**DUNLOP**DrippinWet**Brentwood Barber Shop**MOTUL**MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Leatt Neck Protection**Knecht Automotive

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000RR View Post
We've noticed an increase in Spamming activity lately. This seems to come in waves so I'm sure it'll settle down soon (hopefully).

I wanted to bring to everyone's attention a simple way you can help if you see a spammer. And sometimes they can be sneaky too. The obvious ones are those that advertise their shoes or phones or what not in their post/thread. Pretty simple to catch. The sneakier ones will throw a link in their signature and respond to your thread as if they are part of (and interested) in the S1000RR community.

If you see anything like this or anything you believe is Spam, there is a little/small icon on the lower left of their post that looks like an exclamation mark. By clicking on this, you are "Reporting" the post. If you click on that it will take you to another screen in which you put in the reason you are reporting the post. This in turn will send out an e-mail/notification to all of our moderators and one of us will clean it up ASAP.

This would be a huge help and much appreciated. We catch them the same way you do... just by stumbling across their SPAM. So if you see one, don't hesitate to click the little yellow exclamation mark in the lower left of their post. We try and catch them quickly but sometimes they slip through undetected.

Thanks!
More people need to read this.
2009 Honda CBR1000RR ABS

2010 BMW S1000RR
ABS-DTC-Shift Assist
Fastest Color Motorsport
AMPforE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Platinum Site Sponsor

Garage

Great post. Thanks D

www.RidersDiscount.com - Find Alpinestars, Arai Helmets, and other motorcyle accessories.

For the best service, call us M - F 10a - 6p EST and don't forget to check out what we're doing with our S1000RR project bike

866.931.6644 ext 817
RidersDiscount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

And thanks to all the members that help keep this board free of spam by reporting it, it helps us a lot guys thanks!
AMRRA Open SS Expert #2
WMRRA #112
Sponsors:
Lithia Motors
Snap-on tools
SMX Optics
Ride Engineering
Suomy Helmets
Leatt neck braces
AMRRA12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMRRA12 View Post
And thanks to all the members that help keep this board free of spam by reporting it, it helps us a lot guys thanks!
Indeed! We've already seen an increase of members reporting spam as it occurs, so thank you already for your help and contribution to the site.

And thanks to our Moderators for getting the trash taken care of quickly!!

Riders Discount**PMtec, Inc**Schuberth Helmets**DUNLOP**DrippinWet**Brentwood Barber Shop**MOTUL**MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Leatt Neck Protection**Knecht Automotive

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Seriously, thank you for such a fantastic forum! Just wanted to say that the work the Admin and Moderators do here really is appreciated. Helps rookies/youngins like me find the answers to any questions we have without having to look thru miles of extra junk.

I don't want you to understand..
sandaddict88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage

Bump for a refresh for those that haven't read this yet...

We've been getting more forum members involved in this approach to getting rid of SPAM. Please read my first post. You too can help.

For those that have already spent the time to help out and report the posts, THANK YOU!! It makes finding a needle in a hay stack soooo much easier.

And your actions don't go unnoticed - each time you report a post, a log is created and our Moderators know exactly who reported it and the reason for reporting it. And let me say that we have a few vigilant members on this forum that certainly help a lot.

Again thank you! And a big thanks to the team of Moderators we have on this site. They do a phenomenal job of keeping the forum heading in the right direction! Great job to everyone!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

I must say, you guys run a tight ship.
Thanks,
Old 12-01-2011, 02:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000RR View Post
Bump for a refresh for those that haven't read this yet...

Again thank you! And a big thanks to the team of Moderators we have on this site. They do a phenomenal job of keeping the forum heading in the right direction! Great job to everyone!
Thanks 1000rr and to everyone on this forum that participates and keeps it tidy for everyone to enjoy.

Motowheels.com and I are here to get your S1000RR Forum Member Pricing on anything and everything your heart desires...

We are the US distributors of OZ wheels, Dainese, and Oberon. We have a warehouse full on inventory.

Check us out and let me know what you need.
PM or Email me : AdamMoto@MotoWheels.com
MotoMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

spammers are getting worse it seems lately
AMRRA Open SS Expert #2
WMRRA #112
Sponsors:
Lithia Motors
Snap-on tools
SMX Optics
Ride Engineering
Suomy Helmets
Leatt neck braces
AMRRA12 is offline   Reply With Quote