Possibly my next BMW.... - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Possibly my next BMW....

Concept 6

Rumor: BMW to Produce ‘Concept 6′ in Early 2012

UberXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

Its sadly just a concept and no bike they release will ever look that awesome. i love it. inline 6 on a bike?! mean mother. single side swingarm. to sexy. might see some bikes with these features but never this bike.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think this the best looking bike ever...as soon as is available (if) I'm getting it.
frod04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

K1600GS! LOL!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Makes sense from the blog they have to recoup the design costs of the engine. The platform is far too limited as it is. I've read where only 800 of the K1600GT's are coming to the USA which is only maybe 3 sold per dealer plus their demo unit as the 4th (maybe 2,400 worldwide with displacement limits from some countries?). After that - unless it completely shifts the Gold Wing and Harley baggers demographics which I doubt - they need to keep the sales up in year two so I could see the possibility of the K1600S (if that is the concept designation).

Still for a naked bike it's too much as would be the K1600GS thing. How many 6 cylinder Ducati's in a Streetfighter version could Ducati sell? Plus, an unprotected $15K engine is just crazy to leave out in the open for possible engine damage in the event of a drop or minor crash that could punch through the exposed and thin engine casing. Their smaller 800GS seems to have made a headway into the market, but people wanted lighter weight dirt bikes. This thing is going to be the German "Boss Hoss" motorcycle.

It sounds plausible they could move it to a car platform, or maybe a trike, or a patrol unit (since they have crash bars), or maybe even a 4-wheel dirt buggy (aka "Polaris" Ranger series that seems to sell a lot to larger families where the wife is anti-motorcycle, as well as to ranchers/farmers.). Maybe a Can-AM clone or sidecar unit too. A 6 cylinder Jet-Ski anyone?

Mack
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage

I still like the SUZUKI STATOSPHERE and sure its ben sorted out.I waited a few years for it then grabbed the S-1000 RR ..IF IT COMES OUT IM GETTING IT.Suzuki Stratosphere Concept

Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 03-15-2011 at 12:19 PM.
H-2 CHARLIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

K1600R - it would make it the most bad-ass naked street bike. Yamaha does have their Vmax. Heavy, but massive torque. There's a market for these bikes...people who want *instant* pull, and ride between 1000-5000rpm only. Harley riders who have decided they want to enter the modern age.

Oh, and they're right about going for the ultimate hyperbike. Tuned to about 190bhp, but with, say 120lb/ft torque, a K1600S could trounce the Hayabusas and ZX-14s the same way the S1000RR did to the literbike segment.

I love how BMW is no longer relying on their technology to sell their bikes, but beginning to top each market segment with the most powerful offering as well.

Still waiting to see what happens with the boxer line; by going water-cooled, the boxers should start making numbers similar to Ducati's Testastretta....

Last edited by kismetcapitan; 03-15-2011 at 01:58 PM.
kismetcapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Im not sure what catagory that bike would fit in. Naked standard or powercruiser? Neither are big sellers IMO. I also do not prefer such a wide engine, though I doubt it would be any wider than a horizontally opposed two cyl which I know we all like so much.
jake1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Look what's happening to the Ducati Diavel....huge demand so far.

Deliveries won't start until around early April in the USA.

No specific market segment ...an all new Breed !
Rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
Look what's happening to the Ducati Diavel....huge demand so far.

Deliveries won't start until around early April in the USA.

No specific market segment ...an all new Breed !
Interesting, and with a 240 "wide" tire in back and single-sided swingarm too.

I find it interesting they went back to a metal tank after the current run of their stuff in plastic tanks hasn't held up well and many had to be replaced in a year or two. Guess that little lawsuit changed that plastic tank design.

Twice the price of the H-D 1200cc Sportster won't win over many Harley people though so I'd cross them off the sales book. Maybe the V-Rod people though, if the ergonomics are hopefully better than the V-Rod (which sucks, and even my Harley dealer admitted to that!). Odd the Diavel is less than their Streetfighter S too. I wish Harley would put that V-Rod engine into some comfortable sport-touring thing. I might go for that.

Mack
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement