Decent looking sport panniers worth considering - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Decent looking sport panniers worth considering

I would normally hate to hang a set of rear side cases off of this bike, but, this setup looks pretty trick!

Bags Connection Sport Panniers - webBikeWorld

Looks like twisted throttle will be carrying them soon:

TwistedThrottle.com : Twisted Throttle BMW S1000RR Demo Bike!
Toynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

A good friend of mine just got back from the dealer show in Indy and was telling me about these today, said they looked really good in person.

I like them, as much as I ride I need some places to throw stuff.
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

I noticed the junction in where the bag meets the cloth-over-the-seat strap that hold the panniers together. That's the same area where my BMW bag ate through the plastic fender on mine in 500 miles. Actually, it was the damn nylon buckle that destroyed my fender and required a putty-fill and repaint.

I dunno, but I would prefer some rig mounted off the passenger frame rail or something and stay away completely from the soft plastic BMW uses for a fender. Abrasion can be the pits.

Mack
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
I noticed the junction in where the bag meets the cloth-over-the-seat strap that hold the panniers together. That's the same area where my BMW bag ate through the plastic fender on mine in 500 miles. Actually, it was the damn nylon buckle that destroyed my fender and required a putty-fill and repaint.

I dunno, but I would prefer some rig mounted off the passenger frame rail or something and stay away completely from the soft plastic BMW uses for a fender. Abrasion can be the pits.

Mack
+1

I have had more damage caused by abrasion from accessories / tie-down straps than anything else. You would think manufacturers would soon get the point. If it touches my paint finish, I don't want it.

Bought a Pit-Bull trailer restraint for this exact reason.

Anything that touches the paint is like sand-paper, given enough time and vibration.

I don't suffer from insanity.
I enjoy every minute of it!

Acid Green S1000RR 2010
Copper Hayabusa 1999
Rodomontade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Very interesting. That might come in handy for a Europe mainland trip. I do have the Kriega 20+10 option already though.
Wild Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage

they look really good..........

proper thanks for the vid really good info.....

i can see them in the bag tomorrow....

thanks a lot there probably one of the best iv seen if the the best.....

really smart in black and i think i could still use the bmw genuine tail bag with those aswell and ill need both for the big trip excellent ......

wicked well done mate thanks..........
S1000RR ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

There is also the option coming out from"the cycle guys", it's saddlebags that attach on the rear peg mounts, it does not touch any plastic at all, I have been waiting on it to be finished since last summer.

The Cycle Guys Online Store
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post

Mack
I had a Bags Connection for my FZ1. They supplied a nice big sheet of thick clear protection film. My guess, they will ship that along with this set up also.
Wild Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
There is also the option coming out from"the cycle guys", it's saddlebags that attach on the rear peg mounts, it does not touch any plastic at all, I have been waiting on it to be finished since last summer.

The Cycle Guys Online Store
Now that's what I'm thinking about! No contact with the pricey plastic bodywork at all.

Better link: The Cycle Guys Online Store Might be a bit more secure with one more frame-mount point though rather than the foot-peg arm alone. We'll see what they come up with as it's too soon yet.

Mack
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

NO NO NO NO NO Luggage is for Goldwings!
AMRRA Open SS Expert #2
WMRRA #112
Sponsors:
Lithia Motors
Snap-on tools
SMX Optics
Ride Engineering
Suomy Helmets
Leatt neck braces
AMRRA12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement