Wow! Jeremy Toye Qualified 4th at Macau! - Page 3 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
That sounds cool but does not really help. As we all know the S1RR dynos from the 150's to the 200's in stock form (stingy dynos vs happy dynos). A comparison of stock vs the 224 would be nice. The speed differential would only give an indication but it would tell us if Lees motor is cooking compared to the works stuff.

N.
Both of the traps at Macau are located in braking zones for bikes (tail end of the accel zones for the F3 cars.

Here's the dyno chart with a stock bike on the bottom (it's a press bike, so a little more power than normal) an intermediate motor and final motor on the same chart. If you're curious about that sort of stuff:

dagor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
R.I.P., you will be missed but never forgotten...

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles View Post
Sure. On the same dyno (but obviously a different day) that motor made 183rwhp stock, with only the 600 miles break-in period done.

As compared to the works stuff, it's hard to compare because the rules allow very different engine work in WSBK vs AMA (or local club racing) here. The approach to getting power out of the engine by necessity has to be different.
This is why we haven't benefitted from anything done by the WSBK team, even though they've been great with what they can.
Correct, but for this race he can do what he like except bore the thing.

N.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
R.I.P., you will be missed but never forgotten...

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagor6 View Post
Both of the traps at Macau are located in braking zones for bikes (tail end of the accel zones for the F3 cars.

Here's the dyno chart with a stock bike on the bottom (it's a press bike, so a little more power than normal) an intermediate motor and final motor on the same chart. If you're curious about that sort of stuff:
I am Why does Lee have no bits on the website? It is a strange URL for sure.

N.

Last edited by Nigel; 11-24-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
I am Why does Lee have no bits on the website? It is a strange URL for sure.

N.
Well, it's just a small shop. It just happens that for whatever reason they have an amazing engine program going on there. One of the best in the world as a matter of fact.

Here's how the team works: It's a confluence of San Diego BMW & Locust (my company) as the main sponsors with Brock's (BST), RRW and Yoshimura as minority sponsors. Lee's Cycle performs all the technical work as it's the shop where Jeremy Toye is based out of.

When the team went to Macau we went up against some of the best international teams in the world including the BMW teams like Penzkofer (With Rico and Mark Miller), Lumi Nox (Buckley), Iron Horse/ESP (Peris) and DMR (Storrar etc...), there was no doubt as to which was the best BMW on the grid, which was really exciting as a sponsor because you feel like you put your team in a position to win.

Winning for us was beating all of the other BMW teams and putting the bike on the podium, which we did for the first time with an American on the podium in around 10 years. Actually winning the race would be impossible without sorting out the electronics and chassis issues. Which would be possible by next year I think.

Anyway, back to the engines. I think at this point the world is going to agree that Lee's Cycle is now building the most advanced BMW S1000RR engines in the world *outside of the factory*. I know for a fact the factory engines are better because they have the valve train we want to go to and we're still running stock con rods for AMA rules, but I don't think it's much better at all.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Garage

so im guessing that the 224hp/92ftlb. the 2mm motor?
bsinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

Here's an on board lap from Peris.

Must be watched just to see the track.

W

O

W

!!

YouTube - chrisperis1's Channel
Old 11-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinclair View Post
so im guessing that the 224hp/92ftlb. the 2mm motor?
It was but the 2mm overbore produced almost no power gain, I think it's in the ignition timing not letting the cylinder fill all the way but I'm not exactly an expert on the subject if you know what I mean.

What produced a ton of power was the camshafts and springs, I think the first motor the team ran would have made the same power with the new head work. Maybe 2-4 hp less.

I'll tell you one that that was sweet, leaving the 218 hp motor on the "spares" shelf and watching all the other teams stare longingly at it between sessions.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:34 AM   #28 (permalink)

Jeremy beat 11 or 12 time Isle of Man TT winner John McGuinnes.

That's VERY impressive !

Last edited by Rarebird; 12-03-2010 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Grammar
Rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000750 View Post
Here's an on board lap from Peris.

Must be watched just to see the track.

W

O

W

!!
Dayuuuum! While watching that, my sphincter muscle was so tight you couldn't get a pin up it Now, THAT'S some cajones!!!!!

2010 S1000RR - White/Blue/Red
2013 Kawasaki ZX-10R
2006 Suzuki GSXR 1000
2008 Suzuki M-109R LE
2008 Kawasaki Teryx
R1HOOLIGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #30 (permalink)

Amazing Macau GP video, hopefully I'm embedding it correctly.

Watch it full screen in HD, it's sick. Jeremy Toye is on the white and gold S1000RR

Edit: I suck at embedding Vimeo video's, maybe someone else can embed this better.

http://vimeo.com/17117095
Sponsored Links
Advertisement